Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: A review of some method of carry trends by Kelly Mc Cann

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Or one can punch with an open palm. Sounds funny but it transfers huge amounts of energy.
    Indeed - Known in some parts as a *PK. :)

Alignment and which knuckles never entered my mind been knocked on my ass seeing stars, roll over and get on your feet before they employ their feet and stay outside arms reach till you are back on earth if you make it that long. Training in the dojo and what happens in a real fight worlds apart only technique to survive, opportunity and outcome important.
    Last edited by Theunsb; 16-05-2020 at 17:30. Reason: left one word out

I didn't watch the videos posted above, perhaps it doesn't do justice.
    What I can tell you though is that Kelly McCann is considered the father of modern combatives, and that he has an extensive background in combat sports, including boxing, muay thai and MMA.

Although he is quite a couple of years older than me and smaller, let me tell you this, having been on the receiving end, he can hit HARD. His nickname is not "Heavy Hands" for nothing.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by 47 View Post
    perhaps it doesn't do justice.
    I agree
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

User

Thanks for posting. Seems like some forum members don't actually know who Kelly is..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Thanks for posting. Seems like some forum members don't actually know who Kelly is..
    Insignificant. I know who he was, but it does not really matter in year 2020. Sorry, but this is a fact of life, just like gear people do get obsolete and even if they were an authority on whatever discipline they used to be, they may have been wrong the hole time. Even if a person has done great things is no blanket grant to make him perfect on everything he's doing right now. It doesn't work that way in the real life. Being starstruck is what we see all the time in the industry: "ex SAS" or "ex Israeli special forces" might have been a great and successful warrior at the time, but those 1980s tactics may not do the trick today the opposition being a whole different animal than it used to be 40 odd years ago. Chris Ryan: if you read this, I'd still like to train with you even if you chickened out the last time we had the chance

You are what you is regardless your history.

Not saying that Mr. Kelly would be utterly obsolete, but whoever he was/is/will be, he's not above constructive criticism.

User

Default A review of some method of carry trends by Kelly Mc Cann

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Insignificant. I know who he was, but it does not really matter in year 2020. Sorry, but this is a fact of life, just like gear people do get obsolete and even if they were an authority on whatever discipline they used to be, they may have been wrong the hole time. Even if a person has done great things is no blanket grant to make him perfect on everything he's doing right now. It doesn't work that way in the real life. Being starstruck is what we see all the time in the industry: "ex SAS" or "ex Israeli special forces" might have been a great and successful warrior at the time, but those 1980s tactics may not do the trick today the opposition being a whole different animal than it used to be 40 odd years ago. Chris Ryan: if you read this, I'd still like to train with you even if you chickened out the last time we had the chance

You are what you is regardless your history.

Not saying that Mr. Kelly would be utterly obsolete, but whoever he was/is/will be, he's not above constructive criticism.
    Your “ constructive criticism” was that he used the word fuck? Other than that you added F All? No one trainer is perfect, but I would rather look at his type of training than Instructor Zero or any of Idan stuff. Talk about insignificant....

And as for your comment on being obsolete, he has been running a slide mounted red dot on his carry pistol for a very long time, something that has only recently been embraced as a game changer in sport and SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Please, don't mind me since I didn't criticize Mr. Kelly at all just like you noticed, I was referring to the criticism by the people Antilion was suspecting of "not knowing" who Mr. Kelly is/has been. Not Mr. Kelly, me, you, the Italian ex hotel manager nor any Israeli ninja dude are above that said criticism. This was my message, sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intention

But... I also see from very close viewpoint what are the current tactics and they differ a lot from those applied while many present day instructors were using decades ago. Even if they used a red dot on their pistols a lifetime ago. Btw, red dots has been used in pistol sports shooting from the 1980s, so I wouldn't say it's that a new thing. Why the military are using more and more optics on their handguns? Because not until recently the sights have become robust enough to take the beating of rough military use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2