Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Re: Day hunt allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    So not you then? You're happy to tell everyone how it should be done, but happy to sit back and suggest someone else take up your cause while you bang away on your keyboard from inside your house?
    You really think these guys will sacrifice their right to own firearms to make a point? - you go right ahead.
    Thank you for illustrating the way in which some South Africans think -- ME ME ME

YOU assume too much -- how do you know that I am sitting inside my house ?

How sure are you that the "state" will not come and FORCIBLY take your firearms ANYWAY !
    While you are still thinking about -- "Day-Hunts" .....

PS ;
    There is NO right to own a firearm in SA -- it is a PRIVILEGE !

I REALLY give up with you guys -- CANNOT see the bigger picture !

The ANC WOMAN'S league had more "balls" than you guys

Ramaphosa, you have tampered with the Hunters, You have struck a Marshmellow .'

The 1956 Women’s March, Pretoria, 9 August

https://www.sahistory.org.za/article...toria-9-august

User

Default Re: Day hunt allowed?

You will have a difficult time explaining how a recreational hunt is essential or permitted service.

Movement of persons16.
    (1) Every person is confined to his or her place of residence.
    (2) A person may only leave their place of residence to-
    (a) perform an essential or permitted service, as allowed in Alert Level 4;
    (b) go to work where a permit which corresponds with Form 2 of Annexure A, has been issued;
    (c) buy permitted goods;
    (d) obtain services that are allowed to operate as set out in Table 1 to the Regulations:
    (e) move children, as allowed;
    (f) walk, run or cycle between the hours of 06H00 to 09H00, within a five kilometre radius oftheir place of residence: Provided that this is not done in organised groups

User

"(a) perform an essential or permitted service, as allowed in Alert Level 4;"

Harvesting of game?

User

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post

Harvesting of game?
    Recreational hunting is not culling or harvesting and also look at post#16

2 guys who help me cull every year asked their cop stations as well as mine if they were able to come cull with me. Unless they were a registered culling bussiness they were told under no circumstances is it allowed. I need to do it myself or approach a registered culling company with the correct documentation and permits to operate to come in and cull for me.

User

Harvesting of game?
    Only by someone registered to cull providing a culling service as a registered culling enterprise.

Joe Soap who is not registered but occasionally and casually shoots a few buck with and for his mate Farmer Brown because FB doesn't have the means would be classed as a recreational hunt.

User

Harvesting of game?
    Harvesting of game was explained somewhere (can't remember where) as someone who does it for a living, or a business. The writing also mentioned a cooling truck on premises to ensure a permanent cold chain since the animal's expiry time, to ensure the meat is safe to consume all the way to the consumer. I have no idea where I read it anymore.

User

Apologies for the duplicated info, I didn't see Davidc's post until mine was sent.

Anyway, to the happy hunters wanting to decide for themselves against the constructive advice given here and chance their luck, good luck with the venture.

I know that for myself and as I have advised others off forum personally, be patient and wait until the time allows.
    Don't be silly and take a chance, tempting fate may not be worth it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Harvesting of game was explained somewhere (can't remember where) as someone who does it for a living, or a business. The writing also mentioned a cooling truck on premises to ensure a permanent cold chain since the animal's expiry time, to ensure the meat is safe to consume all the way to the consumer. I have no idea where I read it anymore.
    I read it somewhere too.
    If I remember correctly the person or business needs to be registered as an official abattoir with all associated practices in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Recreational hunting is not culling or harvesting and also look at post#16

2 guys who help me cull every year asked their cop stations as well as mine if they were able to come cull with me. Unless they were a registered culling bussiness they were told under no circumstances is it allowed. I need to do it myself or approach a registered culling company with the correct documentation and permits to operate to come in and cull for me.
    This is just getting stupid now, this sounds more like a lockdown for WWIII or ebola. The DA and FF+ are taking it to court so we'll see what happens there.

User

I have friends that run an abattoir that regularly go shoot out game on a specific farm for the abattoir. I myself usually go with as well. The farmer wants them to come and shoot now and as far as I know they intend to do so. What permits do they specifically need to do this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast