Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 37mm Stopper feedback?

Does anyone on here own a 37mm Stopper? How does one motivate the need for it and are you able to purchase any sorts of ammo for it? Really good video below, done by Forgotten Weapons on the firearm!

Default Re: 37mm Stopper feedback?

Good luck with the motivation. Would love to see the look on the guys face when reading your motivation for this :)

P.S I'm not for gun control at all so I think you should be allowed to own it but as it stands motivations are currently required.

User

I find your lack of freedom disturbing.

User

I fired one of those beton rounds at school as a kid during a police expedition . It was awesome

They were quite easy to find and quite cheap - like R2k max. They were often on Classic Arms auctions. Collectors into whose themes they fitted usually didnt have problems licencing them.

Ammo - not that is different story. Used to be available at around 10 rand a shot 15 years ago but never from "official sources"
    The "Aerial Sonic" round was awesome - thunderflash.
    Mines security also used to have them. I haven't seem ammo for sale for more than 10 years - best bet ask SAAACA to put and add in their newsletter.

User

Ammo is being made by nobleteq I was there before lockdown and they had in stock

User

I have one licenced for my collection. Quite fun to shoot but ammo in any quantity is scarce. I was not aware the Nobletech is manufacturing. Any idea of what load (obviously not CS so probably only Baton) and pricing.
    BTW - the video is misleading in that the Baton round was not supposed to be fired directly at an individual but rather into the ground between the crowd and the firer. The round then bounces, tumbles and whirrs noisily toward and through the crowd.

User

Sad - would have loved to license a Milkor MGL or even a M79.... but yes, difficult to motivate other than Cat A collector. Would be good for home defense firing airburst flashbangs.... non-lethal and all

User

Quote Originally Posted by EB de Waal View Post
    I fired one of those beton rounds at school as a kid during a police expedition . It was awesome
    Are beton rounds for when baton rounds offer insufficient stopping power?

User

Talk of M79 - I have one in my collection too and reload for it using solid nylon projectiles. The technology behind the round is really unique, hence the low recoil. Achieved by having a high pressure chamber which contains the charge and a low pressure chamber into which the pressure bleeds though ports separating the two. It gives that distinctive hollow 'bloop' sound which prompted the yanks in 'nam to name it the Blooper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast