Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: 37mm Stopper feedback?

The person that called that material, coming out of the barrel, rubber clearly haven't seen or touched a piece of rubber. That baton was closer to hard plastic or teflon.
    There were several "experienced" rioters who could block a round quite well with a dustbin lid used as a shield. The baton combined with a D cell battery story might be the truth because the ABS guys were always looking for old D cells. The trajectories were different between the baton and battery and that made them less easy to block/deflect.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    The person that called that material, coming out of the barrel, rubber clearly haven't seen or touched a piece of rubber. That baton was closer to hard plastic or teflon.
    There were several "experienced" rioters who could block a round quite well with a dustbin lid used as a shield. The baton combined with a D cell battery story might be the truth because the ABS guys were always looking for old D cells. The trajectories were different between the baton and battery and that made them less easy to block/deflect.
    The D Cell story is absolutely true, a former POP SAP member told me this on more than one occasion (from his personal experience). As for the 'rubber' in the stopper, you're 100% correct; it was hard as concrete and despite what folks say; these were indeed fired directly at 'rioters'. I heard of an incident where a 'rioter' was shot in the head with one of these...

When a close friend of mine died a few years back, I found several dozen of the .37mm CS rounds (SAPS happily claimed them) in his house (he was a firearms dealer and SAAACA member) but he was a naughty boy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Yip, the 37mm round cannot be fired directly at a person. A close friend of mine killed a guy who was busy lighting a Molotof with it when his commander told him to fire it at the guy. The suspect was apparently about 5m away.

This during unrest in the early 80's.
    Andries Tatane was shot dead in Ficksburg in 2011 with a lesslethal rubberbullet. A late friend of mine did the post mortem- the wad and both rubberballs was found in his chest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3