Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 375
  1. #1

    Default Backlog with printing of licence cards

    I was wondering, with the current situation and the known backlog with printing licence cards, will gunshops be allowed to release newly acquired guns if they can verify the approved licence on the new SAPS website ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Printing backlogs are nothing new. They have never been allowed to release firearms without the card
    Imagine the delight of a newly empowered officer when he stops you on the way home with a gun without a licence card.
    Even if you had the card they may not open for you unless you fall under the essential categories

    Before lockdown it took them almost 3 months to print my last card

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    I’m still waiting 2 months and counting!

  4. #4
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Milliways
    Age
    48
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Well I at least found out that my card was eventually printed, just before lock down.

    It is currently sitting in Pretoria somewhere, and can't see it being shipped under current conditions.....



    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Age
    31
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    Well I at least found out that my card was eventually printed, just before lock down.

    It is currently sitting in Pretoria somewhere, and can't see it being shipped under current conditions.....



    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    How did you find out if your card was printed?

    Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Milliways
    Age
    48
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Quote Originally Posted by ABruigom View Post
    How did you find out if your card was printed?

    Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    Spoke to my DFO, after I spoke to WC HQ.
    Asking nicely to check.... if he can find out where it is as lic was approved in Feb.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Spoke to a dealer, before they used to allow you to take the gun if you had a printout. He said now it's possibly a R20k fine and either suspension or cancellation of license.

    So not sure if you will be able to collect without a card.

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Age
    51
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Under what lockdown level do gunshops/Smiths fall under for reopening?

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Age
    36
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Flanjet View Post
    Under what lockdown level do gunshops/Smiths fall under for reopening?
    I think they are open in level 4, but only for farmers and hunters. Possibly level 3 then for general public?

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,144

    Default Re: Backlog with printing of licence cards

    Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    Spoke to a dealer, before they used to allow you to take the gun if you had a printout. He said now it's possibly a R20k fine and either suspension or cancellation of license.

    So not sure if you will be able to collect without a card.
    How are they issuing this fine?
    As the FCA does not determine what is proof, is it the card, or their system?

    I'm fairly sure if a dealer was "fined" for something like this they would have an incredibly strong case in court.
    Last time I checked an internal memo, aka directive, was not law as much as SAPS would like people to believe so.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •