User

Default Transport FA while waiting for reprint of stolen/lost card

Good day chaps and chapets.

I recently (February) applied for a reprint for a FA licence card (licence expiration 2024) due to it being defaced, delaminated and illegible (like a lot of cards out there). Since then the lock down occured and the chaos in moving office to home etc, my card seems to have vanished into thin air. The house has been turned upside down and blame has been thrown around like a rugby ball between boets. So here is the query and uncertainty. I could still transport/carry my firearm with the old card as its still valid on the system should they check it. Now i dont have a card at all and the application for the reprint has apparently not even been captured at the DFO and i was advised that it will take very long for the reprint.

Now, what do i require should i get asked for my licence at a roadblock?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Banned

Default Re: Transport FA while waiting for reprint of stolen/lost card

Ask the DFO to do a printout of all the firearms registered in your name. It is proof from the SAPS that the firearm is licensed to you.

User

Most important is to report the card lost within 24 hours as per the FCA. Then they should give you a stamped and signed print of your firearms in return for the prescribed fee to make reprints. The print and receipt must be kept on you when transporting or carrying the firearms.

At least, that is what I was told when I misplaced mine.

User

Ask the DFO for a print out, dont say you wish to use it for carry because then they could come up with their own silly rules, tell them its for insurance purposes maybe?

But anyways, a printout will serve as proof

User

Thanks for the info. I have reported it to DFO and have a meeting with them tomorrow. I was told that they are not allowed to give me a printout of my fire arms and that an affidavit stating my licence number and rifle serial number along with the receipt for the reprint would suffice for proof of ownership and licence validity in the event of a roadblock. Will see what they say tomorrow Morning.