Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do You Prefer a Small, Medium or Large Handgun Grip

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Grip size goes with hand size.

I have noticed that shooters with smaller hands are unable to drop the mag or release the slide with the grip hand, if the grip is too big for them.
    Yeah that happens with me. I can reach the slide release no problem but from firing position to push the mag release button I have to move my hand ever so slightly to reach it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Tend to have medium backstraps, but i love the large "palmswell" from Hogue grips that fill the space between the grip and the palm of the hand
    Is this the same as the Hand-all grip sleeve? I had one but it used to start "rotating" after a while, while shooting? I thought of putting some glue on it, to keep it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Is this the same as the Hand-all grip sleeve? I had one but it used to start "rotating" after a while, while shooting? I thought of putting some glue on it, to keep it in place.
    For the pistol handall ones I usually use the one made for the specific gun, not the universal one
    And I make sure no lubricant gets in between the gun and the grip sleeve

For Revolvers its usually a complete swap of the Grips, so no problems there

I use a large backstrap on my g19x.

After testing back to back I got a better angle on my trigger finger with the large backstrap, my finger now is almost square with the trigger depressed to the wall.

This results in better trigger control for me as I am pulling back and not pushing or pulling to the side.

I would suggest to do 10-round groups with each to see what the results are.

I prefer the stock Glock 17/19x grip from a comfort standpoint but accuracy is obviously more important, and I have gotten used to it by now.

User

I own and shoot handguns with all sorts of grip sizes and shapes. I have fairly large hands, so the bigger grips work just fine for me. I have no issues properly holding a Beretta 92 or even a Desert Eagle pistol, and still getting my trigger finger on the trigger. Also, I often use a Ruger Std and Mk11 pistol, and they have really skinny grips. No issues there either. The smallest grip I have used is on a Walther P22 that belongs to my son. It still shoots well in my hands.

The only issue I have is with the thumb on my shooting hand inadvertently contacting the slide stop on certain guns and activating it. So I have to shorten the slide stop lever on my GLOCKs and prefer the standard lever on my 1911s. I prefer a high-thumb grip, primarily because my single-action pistols dictate it.

Hand size does matter. My kids had no issues gripping the Ruger pistols well from age 6, while the bigger grips prevented them from reaching the trigger with a proper hold. If you have to move your hand around the grip in order to reach the trigger, your grip will not be natural and your shooting will be bad. So trigger reach is a definite thing to look out for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2