Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default AR Light Options

What options is there available in SA for AR lights?Must be at least 900lumens, 1” mount capable and have as accessories a pressure plate.know about the Olight, looking for around R1,500 - R2,200Looking forward in hearing about options.

Default Re: AR Light Options

Perhaps a Surefire is an option? I think the new X300 Ultras are 1000 lumens and can be had with picatinny rail, although it will be way above your stated bracket. You mentioned Olight, maybe look at the Baldr Pro then. On special they are about R2200.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Olight has big specials now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I personally run a Olight m1x striker, which I also have for my EDC. in a WM25 Olight picatinny mount. Very happy with it

Olight has the new Odin also. Comes with pressure switch and mount.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In RSA Olight is an excellent option.

User

So while I can fault the product...my recent experience with the new olightsa team has been disappointing. They have this Big Speacial HooHa!! Create a massive hype!! Wait all patiently for Sunday the 21st...Please orders and make payment online. I was able to see the order online by no tracking details. Call them on Wednesday only to be notified that some of there stock hasn't cleared Customes….WTH!!! How do you sell a product without setting a delivery expectation....Or mentioning the product as a pre order!!!

User

So while I can fault the product...my recent experience with the new olightsa team has been disappointing. They have this Big Speacial HooHa!! Create a massive hype!! Wait all patiently for Sunday the 21st...Please orders and make payment online. I was able to see the order online by no tracking details. Call them on Wednesday only to be notified that some of there stock hasn't cleared Customes….WTH!!! How do you sell a product without setting a delivery expectation....Or mentioning the product as a pre order!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    Sadly Olight has partially changed owners! The people who own the international brand (Chinese based), strong armed their way into all of their big markets and told the independent franchisee's (if that is even the correct term) who operated the brand in the country for the past few years and grew it to what is currently is, that it was their way or the highway! So the Olight international brand now has a 50% stake in the SA franchise and effectively make the operational decisions, hence the above let down! The above would never had happened with the original franchisee Henri Bierman who ran the whole operation in SA, but now only has a 50% stake and a limited say in operations. There was a whole outcry on the EDC Facebook page regarding this and the fact that the brand essentially screwed dealers over by completely undercutting them by selling at less than cost in some cases!

With regards to the OP's question, in light of Olight internationals questionable ethics, quite a few dealers have started stocking and actively marketing alternatives such as 480bc selling Speras and CHS Guns selling Klarus lights both of which seems to have decent reputations to name a few!

User

I have the Olight Odin, bought on the special last sunday. Received all my items this morning. I was one of the first order paid by 8:04. I would recommend it for your AR. Fits perfectly onto my pic rail

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast