Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: AR Light Options

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Sadly Olight has partially changed owners! The people who own the international brand (Chinese based), strong armed their way into all of their big markets and told the independent franchisee's (if that is even the correct term) who operated the brand in the country for the past few years and grew it to what is currently is, that it was their way or the highway! So the Olight international brand now has a 50% stake in the SA franchise and effectively make the operational decisions, hence the above let down! The above would never had happened with the original franchisee Henri Bierman who ran the whole operation in SA, but now only has a 50% stake and a limited say in operations. There was a whole outcry on the EDC Facebook page regarding this and the fact that the brand essentially screwed dealers over by completely undercutting them by selling at less than cost in some cases!

With regards to the OP's question, in light of Olight internationals questionable ethics, quite a few dealers have started stocking and actively marketing alternatives such as 480bc selling Speras and CHS Guns selling Klarus lights both of which seems to have decent reputations to name a few!
    Seems I need to clear the air a bit.

480BC has always sourced our Olight stock from the official Olight agent in SA; Torch SA. We will still source our Olight stock and more from Torch SA. We have worked well with Torch SA since the start of our business and hope to continue doing so in the future.

Olight has decided to get involved in their major markets by teaming up with their local agents and creating a unique “Olightstore” for each of their major markets. This is applicable to the USA, UK, Russia, Australia and now South Africa. It’s their strategy to grow the brand.

Sadly we cannot offer you the pricing that Olightstore.co.za can offer you when they run a sale.

Yes this will hurt 480BC but such is life…Cowboys don’t cry.

Bottom line is 480BC will still stock and sell Olight products.

This and the effect of the Lockdown on my business have showed me that I need to offer you a bigger variety of products. Kind of not having all my eggs in one basket…

So we started researching and testing other brands of flashlights. These will be offered to you in addition to Olight.

And yes I have been pushing Speras Flashlights hard on social media.

They are the first brand that I have dealt with and have tested the product…check my Youtube page…I am very comfortable in offering my clients this new brand. They truly represent value for money.

And I am not going to stop with Speras Flashlights, they are just the first...

I am working on more…

Jetbeam will soon join the line-up…

Watch this space.

Regards,
    Duane Wessels
    www.480BC.co.za
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Thanks for this Duane. Puts it in perspective. I must say it is a bit confusing to the consumer who after a Google search get multiple “official” Olight websites

User

Quote Originally Posted by PWdejager View Post
    What options is there available in SA for AR lights?Must be at least 900lumens, 1” mount capable and have as accessories a pressure plate.know about the Olight, looking for around R1,500 - R2,200Looking forward in hearing about options.
    For me, it would be either SureFire Scout (be prepared to cough), Streamlight ProTac or the Inforce WML II. Of all of these, the Inforce WML is the cheapest and easiest to obtain locally. The other two are phenomenal lights, but aren't available locally at the moment. After listening to comments by Lucas B from T.Rex Arms, I would not go the Olight route as they aren't robust enough for serious use.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneWessels View Post
    Seems I need to clear the air a bit.

480BC has always sourced our Olight stock from the official Olight agent in SA; Torch SA. We will still source our Olight stock and more from Torch SA. We have worked well with Torch SA since the start of our business and hope to continue doing so in the future.

Olight has decided to get involved in their major markets by teaming up with their local agents and creating a unique “Olightstore” for each of their major markets. This is applicable to the USA, UK, Russia, Australia and now South Africa. It’s their strategy to grow the brand.

Sadly we cannot offer you the pricing that Olightstore.co.za can offer you when they run a sale.

Yes this will hurt 480BC but such is life…Cowboys don’t cry.

Bottom line is 480BC will still stock and sell Olight products.

This and the effect of the Lockdown on my business have showed me that I need to offer you a bigger variety of products. Kind of not having all my eggs in one basket…

So we started researching and testing other brands of flashlights. These will be offered to you in addition to Olight.

And yes I have been pushing Speras Flashlights hard on social media.

They are the first brand that I have dealt with and have tested the product…check my Youtube page…I am very comfortable in offering my clients this new brand. They truly represent value for money.

And I am not going to stop with Speras Flashlights, they are just the first...

I am working on more…

Jetbeam will soon join the line-up…

Watch this space.

Regards,
    Duane Wessels
    www.480BC.co.za
    What about Streamlight as an option to start stocking? Their products are great quality for the price point and a brand I would support.

Banned

For a well priced good quality torch I think the Olight Odin is worth it.

User

I've looked at a couple of the Olight options for an AR. From what I remember, you'd still need to purchase a separate mount which - depending on how much you spend - could leave you with the light being quite far from the rail.

More importantly, once you've taken into account the cost of the light plus mount (plus pressure plate) you're pretty close to Inforce WML money.

Also, the form factor. The WML is quite streamlined and sits snug to the rail whereas some other options have the standard rounded torch body and once you add in the mount they end up being quite bulky.

But as with everything in life - YMMV.

So, yolo!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I've looked at a couple of the Olight options for an AR. From what I remember, you'd still need to purchase a separate mount which - depending on how much you spend - could leave you with the light being quite far from the rail.

More importantly, once you've taken into account the cost of the light plus mount (plus pressure plate) you're pretty close to Inforce WML money.

Also, the form factor. The WML is quite streamlined and sits snug to the rail whereas some other options have the standard rounded torch body and once you add in the mount they end up being quite bulky.

But as with everything in life - YMMV.

So, yolo!
    The Odin comes with a mount for a pic rail, it does add a bit of size but it can also fit into a scout mount (extra money spent on this) and also comes with the pressure pad.

User

I see the Odin is now selling for R4000.00 on the Olight shop.

TBH for that money I would rather pay a little more and go with a Surefire Scout, or a Streamlight RM02.

User

Got the Odin on the flash sale. Threw it on a Arisaka inline. Will see over time how it holds up. Never had any issues with the Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    I see the Odin is now selling for R4000.00 on the Olight shop.

TBH for that money I would rather pay a little more and go with a Surefire Scout, or a Streamlight RM02.
    Who are the Surefire and Streamlight importers?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast