Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Return of SADPA / IDPA shooting matches in level 3 Lockdown

Dear SADPA,

Are we shooting again as from August, please..?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    The catch is "authorised by recognised sporting bodies" and subject to directions from minister of sport. As per SRSA, recognised sports are via the relevant sporting federation, and SADPA falls outside that?
    I missed this last year, and whilst I do not wish to engage on the merits of "if one sporting code is open all others should be", the fact is a resumption letter is passed through to the relevant organizations via the bodies they join. So if SADPA does not affiliate to SASSCO (as an example - which is one of the ways of being recognized IMO) they may not be able to resume legally. Technically we can all do what we wish but as law abiding citizens, should we?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mozee View Post
    I missed this last year, and whilst I do not wish to engage on the merits of "if one sporting code is open all others should be", the fact is a resumption letter is passed through to the relevant organizations via the bodies they join. So if SADPA does not affiliate to SASSCO (as an example - which is one of the ways of being recognized IMO) they may not be able to resume legally. Technically we can all do what we wish but as law abiding citizens, should we?
    We should act as our consciences dictate. Competing in an IDPA/SADPA match is no more likely to cause spreading than lots of other things that we are granted leave to do by the grace of the clown in the doek and her minions IMHO.
    Last edited by oafpatroll; 31-07-2021 at 16:18. Reason: Clarity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3