Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Return of SADPA / IDPA shooting matches in level 3 Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    I don't see any change between l3 and l2 with regard to sporting requirements in the regs

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    The only difference I see is Alcohol and cigarette sales. And allowing family visits.

Otherwise I see no real change.

User

So SADPA being a non contact sport and being able to limit match participants, why could it not start?

Steel Challenge is starting up again.

User

Just received this from SADPA Exco

Circular Letter No. 6 (2020)
    RESUMPTION OF SHOOTING EVENTS

Good Morning Members,

As per the President's speech on Saturday, 15 August 2020 and the Government Gazette No. 43620 (Vol 662 of 17 August 2020). It is with great excitement that the SADPA EXCO would like to announce the resumption of SADPA recognized shooting events.

Some restrictions will remain in place for the duration of lockdown level 2, and all clubs must adhere to these restrictions.
    No more than 50 people will be permitted at the venue of the sporting event, this includes competitors, match staff and range staff.
    No spectators will be allowed at any sporting event.
    Strict social distancing rules are to be adhered to.
    Please note the following:
    All COVID-19 government implied rules and regulations must be followed.
    Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations may result in the suspension of the CLUB and its members.
    Due to the fact that we are allowed to compete again, the COVID-19 points will no longer be allocated. Should the situation change this will be relooked.
    For new DSS. Please note that the COVID-19 points will count towards your DSS status. However, You will still be required as per Circular Letter No.4 (2020) to compete in at least one event and must have a valid classification before DSS can be awarded.
    Restrictions as published in the Government Gazette:
    All persons must wear a face mask and adhere to all health protocols and social distancing measures when attending a gathering, to limit exposure to COVID-19: Provided that a person is undertaking vigorous sporting activity is not obliged to wear a face mask, during such activity.
    Only journalists, radio, television, crew, security personnel, emergency medical services and the necessary employees employed by the owners of the venue of the sport match, are allowed at the venue of the sport match;
    Only the required number of players, match officials, support staff and medical crew required for the sport match, are allowed at the venue of the sport match.
    No spectators are allowed at the venue of the sports match
    No international sport events are allowed.

User

... yup. Now all we need is for the clubs (and ranges) to start offering club shoots and league events.

C'mon guys and gals.... lets try to turn this terribly frustrating year around (and get shooting)!!

This is good news. Hoping to get some more lead down range soon.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    So SADPA being a non contact sport and being able to limit match participants, why could it not start?

Steel Challenge is starting up again.
    As I understand it Steel Challenge falls under IPSC/SAPSA?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Just received this from SADPA Exco

Circular Letter No. 6 (2020)
    RESUMPTION OF SHOOTING EVENTS

Good Morning Members,

As per the President's speech on Saturday, 15 August 2020 and the Government Gazette No. 43620 (Vol 662 of 17 August 2020). It is with great excitement that the SADPA EXCO would like to announce the resumption of SADPA recognized shooting events.

Some restrictions will remain in place for the duration of lockdown level 2, and all clubs must adhere to these restrictions.
    No more than 50 people will be permitted at the venue of the sporting event, this includes competitors, match staff and range staff.
    No spectators will be allowed at any sporting event.
    Strict social distancing rules are to be adhered to.
    Please note the following:
    All COVID-19 government implied rules and regulations must be followed.
    Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations may result in the suspension of the CLUB and its members.
    Due to the fact that we are allowed to compete again, the COVID-19 points will no longer be allocated. Should the situation change this will be relooked.
    For new DSS. Please note that the COVID-19 points will count towards your DSS status. However, You will still be required as per Circular Letter No.4 (2020) to compete in at least one event and must have a valid classification before DSS can be awarded.
    Restrictions as published in the Government Gazette:
    All persons must wear a face mask and adhere to all health protocols and social distancing measures when attending a gathering, to limit exposure to COVID-19: Provided that a person is undertaking vigorous sporting activity is not obliged to wear a face mask, during such activity.
    Only journalists, radio, television, crew, security personnel, emergency medical services and the necessary employees employed by the owners of the venue of the sport match, are allowed at the venue of the sport match;
    Only the required number of players, match officials, support staff and medical crew required for the sport match, are allowed at the venue of the sport match.
    No spectators are allowed at the venue of the sports match
    No international sport events are allowed.
    This is interesting, given the convoluted path to ministerial approval via the relevant Federations. My understanding was that SADPA fell outside those channels?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    As I understand it Steel Challenge falls under IPSC/SAPSA?
    The point I was making is that if one shooting sport can open so can any other as long as they abide by the rules of the lockdown level.

The point I was making is that if one shooting sport can open so can any other as long as they abide by the rules of the lockdown level.

I also on occasion go play a little airsoft. And the fields had to jump through several hoops. And get associated with registered bodies. As well as get players then to join those bodies. So that they could get permission to allow activities.

And then still limited to 50 on field. Which includes field owners. Safety personnel. So the actual participants reduce to 30 to max 35.

So the way they had to join and do all to start going on small scale. You cant just follow other shooting bodies example who are registered. You have to form part or join them.

User

The catch is "authorised by recognised sporting bodies" and subject to directions from minister of sport. As per SRSA, recognised sports are via the relevant sporting federation, and SADPA falls outside that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast