Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Yeah this is likely the better solution. Just waiting for feedback from Quantum Carry before I take the rivets out as that is quite a destructive operation.
    Years ago I tried drill out some rivits on a Fobus, it wasn't as easy as I thought as I couldn't grip the back part to stop it from turning along. Hope you have more luck than I had.

User

Default Re: Kydex retention too tight?

So a quick update here... after getting a new belt yesterday I'm thinking this was all a case of operator error.
    Having the ability to ratchet the belt to (what I now assume is) the correct tension my ability to draw the firearm has been much improved.
    I'm going to spend the day testing before I cast my final verdict but it definitely seems to have been an issue with the tension of my belt.

On another note I did get in contact with Quantum Carry and I just wanted to say that the service from them has been excellent. They engaged me in a very friendly manner and after some troubleshooting did say that I can ship them item back to them (at their cost) and they will send me a replacement item.
    Although it seems very unlikely that it will now have to come to that I'm very glad to have that level of support from them.

User

@TheV Thanks for the feedback.

@Kola Thanks for your post as well. I have not had any issues with J-Clips, but am keen on the C-Clips. Especially with work wear. (Office Johnny... )

User

I'm going to spend the day testing before I cast my final verdict but it definitely seems to have been an issue with the tension of my belt.
    This was 100% my issue. I spent the last day testing the holster out as much as possible on the new belt and it works as expected now. Amazing how big a difference the right tension makes.

User

I have one of the first V2's, and the retention, whilst tight, is perfectly usable.

However, a mate got a more recent one about 9 months ago, and you need a koevoet to pry the gun out of it. Yes, I tested it side by side with mine, with my gun.

I also saw a couple of other similar complaints on one of the FB groups.

I suspect there is indeed a slight inconsistency is the finishing which causes slightly different tensions.

User

This was 100% my issue. I spent the last day testing the holster out as much as possible on the new belt and it works as expected now. Amazing how big a difference the right tension makes.
    Great

User

Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    @TheV Thanks for the feedback.

@Kola Thanks for your post as well. I have not had any issues with J-Clips, but am keen on the C-Clips. Especially with work wear. (Office Johnny... )
    I also went to C-Clips for work wear, else I would have gone for Soft-Loops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3