User

Default Wanted: Martini Henry in dilapidated/poor condition needed for restoration project /1885 Era Black

Good day to all members..I believe all is well and good on your side? Members I am on the lookout for a donor Martini Henry that is in a poor condition/not functional to restore for the 2021 Era Black powder hunt...this project will be to the advantage of our young participants who does not have a black powder rifle to hunt with ...It really would be great if such a donor project is possible to acquire...looking forward to hear from members in this regard...

Banned

Default Re: Wanted: Martini Henry in dilapidated/poor condition needed for restoration project /1885 Era Bla

Gert, a bit to the side, but what would such a donor be worth?, I am guessing less than a R1000 ?
    Hope you do not mind my asking here, but price may encourage some one as well?, I am asking because I wish to build a base knowledge on the M/H values.

User

Default Re: Wanted: Martini Henry in dilapidated/poor condition needed for restoration project /1885 Era Bla

Treeman, a Martini Henry in a good condition, registered on a valid licence /on gun shop stock register :
    R4000 - 6000

Sportster Martini Henry ( scarce ) R7000 to R12 000

Dilapidated /poor condition /restoration project R500 to R2500

Experience to own and shoot /re-load for it : Priceless...

User

Gert, I send you a message about a donor Mark2

User

Thank you kindly Finkelstein, I did contact the owner. It really is much , much appreciated ..