Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Desk Holster

User

Default Re: Desk Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I suggest getting a decent purpose built holster and wear the gun as normal. I drive 14 hrs in one go with a G26 appendix in a Quantum Carry Covert and you get used to it there. If you have to sit, run, duck, crawl or do anything it will still be with you to draw when the time arrives.
    I have a Quantum Carry Chameleon (just need to sort out some retention issues) which I use when I'm not spending a full day at this desk.

User

I believe that sitting is the new smoking....

I am going to build a desk suitable to stand behind instead of sitting, I am 100% more productive when I stand, I mean I am sitting behind my desk dicking around on gunsite instead of getting my work done.

Also, dedication is what it takes to be prepared, dedicated to keeping my pistol in my AIWB holster on my body almost every minute that Im awake, ask for sitting down I use a Kore belt, micro adjustable which makes a quick adjustment very easy when sitting down and getting up.

Get one from Hailstorm, in Pretoria so you are lucky

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I believe that sitting is the new smoking....

I am going to build a desk suitable to stand behind instead of sitting, I am 100% more productive when I stand, I mean I am sitting behind my desk dicking around on gunsite instead of getting my work done.

Also, dedication is what it takes to be prepared, dedicated to keeping my pistol in my AIWB holster on my body almost every minute that Im awake, ask for sitting down I use a Kore belt, micro adjustable which makes a quick adjustment very easy when sitting down and getting up.

Get one from Hailstorm, in Pretoria so you are lucky
    Definitely looking at the Kore belt. I have a good belt (Daniel's EDC) but I would not mind the ratchet system on the Kore belts.
    I was actually planning on popping by Hailstorm sometime next week to go have a look.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Definitely looking at the Kore belt. I have a good belt (Daniel's EDC) but I would not mind the ratchet system on the Kore belts.
    I was actually planning on popping by Hailstorm sometime next week to go have a look.
    Its really great!!

User

As good an idea as this seems to be, on-body carry unless there is no other option will always be my recommendation.

I also work at a desk most of the day, and working from home now even more than before, and still carry AIWB as usual.

User

Mine just lies on my desk. Right between my cup of coffee and my phone. 15cm from my hands when I'm working. When I get up, I just slip it into my jacket pocket.

User

I keep mine in die apendix position all the time even when working sitting down. Now during lockdown I even put on a belt when wearing my sweatpants so that I can have the gun on.

I have aot used to wearing it that I have even found myself falling asleep when trying to get the baby to sleep and waking up with it on my body.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Banned

Is there a good reason for not carrying it in your waistband?

Whether you carry it on body or store it in the desk, it is necessary to train in that way, and to train sufficient that grabbing the pistol from that position becomes your reflex.

Quote Originally Posted by HxC View Post
    I keep mine in die apendix position all the time even when working sitting down. Now during lockdown I even put on a belt when wearing my sweatpants so that I can have the gun on.

I have aot used to wearing it that I have even found myself falling asleep when trying to get the baby to sleep and waking up with it on my body.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    I just use a Blackhawk IWB soft material holster (couldn't find them on their website, maybe they don't make them anymore) for use when wearing sweatpants. As long as you have a cord in your pants and pull it tight then it works just fine with my G19. The only problem is putting it back in the holster if you take it out, but that is not a problem when at home as you just remove the holster from your pants and reinsert. But then you hardly remove your gun when at home so it's not a problem.

User

G19 on its usual place, strong side, in holster, on belt.

G26 either in its shoulder holster or, somewhere in close proximity to me (desk/ chair)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2