Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Default Re: Licence Tracking App

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Thanks for your efforts. My renewal application for a shotgun shows "in process"
    Its taken directly from SAPS' website, so whatever status is on the web will be there

Quote Originally Posted by gunweo View Post
    The only issue I have is reading the small text on a scratch screen.

A nice to have feature would be a counter to add the number working days to each application, the capture date would probably have to be added.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    That's not a bad idea really...
    Or maybe it'll just upset people MORE.
    I am going to add something like (days on app) with the option to set a start date and update accordingly.

User

Thank you! This is a really handy app! I assume it will give you a notification if the application changes status? I second the recommendations from @Gunweo, I personally can read the small writing but it will definitely be an issue for people! It would be awesome if it stated the amount of days and working days that the application had been in progress for!

User

Very interesting. Can it be modified to check competency certificate status? Anyway thank u very much.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raz313 View Post
    Very interesting. Can it be modified to check competency certificate status? Anyway thank u very much.

If SAPS' website has a lookup for competency? I don't think so. Just Licence Application and Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Thank you! This is a really handy app! I assume it will give you a notification if the application changes status? I second the recommendations from @Gunweo, I personally can read the small writing but it will definitely be an issue for people! It would be awesome if it stated the amount of days and working days that the application had been in progress for!
    It sure will.
    It has a background process that runs every (hour/day/week) as you set it to check for status updates. It'll prompt you with a smiley face when it sees new updates.
    I'll investigate the font issue for you guys and change it to use standard sizes according to your operating system setup. The view just gets a little cramped on smaller phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Good point, WORKING DAYS and CALENDAR DAYS. Since SAPS decided everything is in working days, I'll show working days in the list and in the details view both.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Raz313 View Post

Compentency application can be checked aswell you will need to add the capital C with your reference number and your ID number.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedR View Post
    Hey all, hope I am on the right category.
    Since most of us got to spend some time at home over this lockdown period I went ahead and made an app to automatically check SAPS' website for the status of licence applications and renewals.
    Got frustrated with waiting for an update and wanted some button on my phone that I can bash to vent frustrations.

It is free and will remain so.
    It doesn't do anything malicious like ads or collect user data
    Allows the user to schedule a renewal reminder once it sees an approved application
    Can also process SAPS SMSes through a little work around since Google's T&C's disallows you from accessing SMSes directly.

It can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wheres_my_app
    I hope someone can find some use from it.
    I certainly had a good time developing it over 5 or 6 days
    Very nice.
    Many thanks

User

The app sounds great.

I have IOS.

Can I ask if anyone knows what the steps are in order?

Current status is SEND TO LICENSING SECRION.

I don’t know where exactly it is in the overall process.

Thanks

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast