User

Default CASE HOLDER / DRIVER RECOMMENDATIONS

Please may I have your recommendations regarding a suitable product for clasping and spinning a (223/556/300BLK) case in the jaws of a cordless drill chuck.

The Sudami case driver I currently have just has a whopping amount of freeplay in the threads, resulting in too much hit and miss to eliminate as much eccentricity as possible.

My main use would be for neck chamfering and outside neck turning.

I understand that this is not an operation that one can expect to be performed with lathe-like trueness, but there must be products with tighter thread tolerances out there.

User

Default Re: CASE HOLDER / DRIVER RECOMMENDATIONS

So, I have discovered and ordered some Lee products from 247 Hunter - partly encouraged and tempted by their loyalty points system and reasonable shipping costs.

I will post feedback once I have tested.

User

I have found the Lee case trimming system pretty fool proof. Not talking about the zip-trim system. There is no way you can cut cases too short.

The case clamp can also work as a driver in a drill for neck turning operations. Unfortunately it has the same drawbacks as any other system that only clamps on the case head.

User

Thanks, Janfred.

The Lee No.4 threaded case holder works like a charm - drastically reduced eccentricity, and virtually a chalk / cheese comparative rating.

Happy with my purchase.