Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAPS271 Questions

Handed in my thesis today

Sadly their payment system was offline so I had to leave the R140 with the DFO and he would process the transaction for me once they get it online.
    Many people know this DFO and he is trust worthy and a very good guy, will do a follow up tomorrow to find out if the system is back online.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post

Sadly their payment system was offline so I had to leave the R140 with the DFO .
    Online payment system?? Cape getting fancy?
    Here it has been cash and a hand written receipt forever

User

Yeah, the cash and receipt system was offline

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Goodwood where I apply in CPT. Gives me a printed receipt as well as a hand written one. The DFO writes on page amount and what for. Which I take to office where lady takes money and gives me a printout. So I have those two. When system offline the lady usually gives me one of those small blue written invoices in a duplicate book.

Leaving money trusting someone else is a high risk.

User

Spoke to the DFO this morning.
    Apparently all monies were handed in this morning for all applications for the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    NO
    He is writing a thesis .......
    I thought my applications were long, my shotgun application is 34 pages but the actual motivation is just 2 pages. For example I state my four competencies with the numbers in the text but my DFO recommends that I also add copies of the competencies and the actual course standards, that alone adds 10 pages to the annexures.

User

Got my sms that my app is receiving attention at the DFO.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I thought my applications were long, my shotgun application is 34 pages but the actual motivation is just 2 pages. For example I state my four competencies with the numbers in the text but my DFO recommends that I also add copies of the competencies and the actual course standards, that alone adds 10 pages to the annexures.
    This is utterly ridiculous. SAPS 271, two photos, motivation of one or two pages, ID, proof of residence, enodorsment together with copy of current membership card if Section 16 or 17 is all that is neccessary. Copies of competencies and course standards is not required; you state the number of the relevant competency as is appears on the card. My wife and I do this every time without any hassles or refusals. Neither do you have to write reams about how you are a good boy, never beat the dog (or wife?) and have security lights, etc,etc. A safe and a competency certificate, plus the statement on the 271 regarding your safe, cover all these issues.

If you have to submit dozens of pages you must create the impression that you don't even believe you have a valid case. Furthermore you are setting a precedent that will not help other people.

Peter

User

Sorry guys. First time applicant here. Found quite a few handy hints. Thought I might submit during this week, but seems my ID is missing (first time since 1993) and I am anyways due for a new one. So questions I have:

1) Can you apply with a termporary ID? Or should I rather wait for card ID?
    2) When buying from a dealer, they ask (Type B)for a responsible person at the dealer, together with his ID number, cellphone number, physical adress etc. Is this neccesary? Should I phone and get these details from Safari and Outdoor? Also they ask for a FAR number. Do I get that from the dealer?
    3)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitebob View Post
    Sorry guys. First time applicant here. Found quite a few handy hints. Thought I might submit during this week, but seems my ID is missing (first time since 1993) and I am anyways due for a new one. So questions I have:

1) Can you apply with a termporary ID? Or should I rather wait for card ID?
    2) When buying from a dealer, they ask (Type B)for a responsible person at the dealer, together with his ID number, cellphone number, physical adress etc. Is this neccesary? Should I phone and get these details from Safari and Outdoor? Also they ask for a FAR number. Do I get that from the dealer?
    3)

The dealer will give you an application form that they have pre filled in with firearm details and their necessary details. You then only fill in your part on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast