Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Buying Guns In SA: What It's Really Like.

How would you score the accuracy of the information?

Default Re: Buying Guns In SA: What It's Really Like.

Interesting video. Just the part where licensing takes about 5 months. I believe this is more like a 12 month process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he says you can register a CZ Scorpion as a pistol in SA

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post

I haven’t watched the video but yes you can, if it was registered as such on the system when they were imported. There was a batch or two like this I believe.

At the time that vid was made it was mostly correct. But Covid19 has sent a challenged system into a state of disarray. Guys are waiting months and months for approved licences to get printed. No card, no collection, do not pass GO, do not collect your firearm. And the list of guys waiting gets longer every day. They will blame everything on Covid19.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    You can, as well as a couple other short carbines in 9mmP, but you shouldnt though, I have heard about DFO's who insist on changing it to carbine and that involves a couple of balls and a couple of aches.

99% of dfo's wont know that its actually a carbine though....

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    You can, as well as a couple other short carbines in 9mmP, but you shouldnt though, I have heard about DFO's who insist on changing it to carbine and that involves a couple of balls and a couple of aches.

99% of dfo's wont know that its actually a carbine though....

Last week according to S&O the CFR have made them change all Scorpions to SLR
    Formalito apparently got into trouble for putting them in as pistols

I think this only applies or applied to models without a stock, remember S&O had an open day at the range and were talking about the scorpio being a pistol. When queried they said it had to do with the lack of stock on certain models.

He is mistaken about the amount of ammo though because he said that with a sportshooter license the ammo limits fall away, this is only the case for a dedicated license not for occasional.

Dedicated licence or dedicated person? So for example if you only own a S13 pistol but have dedicated status, does the 200 round limit still apply?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I think this only applies or applied to models without a stock, remember S&O had an open day at the range and were talking about the scorpio being a pistol. When queried they said it had to do with the lack of stock on certain models.

He is mistaken about the amount of ammo though because he said that with a sportshooter license the ammo limits fall away, this is only the case for a dedicated license not for occasional.

User

No, Dedicated is allocated to the person not the firearm license

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast