User

Default Help on a motivation letter for .22 long rifle

Hi everyone I'm looking for someone who can help me with a motivation letter for a .22 long rifle BRNO mod1. I got the rifle from an old man who works with my father in law he is 63 and his children don't want the rifle so I need help please. I do have a 3006 on my name but I heard applying for a .22 is a bit more difficult as most are semi auto to auto but this one is hand use.

Hope someone can help me.

kind regards
    C.J.

User

Default Re: Help on a motivation letter for .22 long rifle

Under which section do you wish to apply?

What sections is/ are you current firearm(s) licenced under?

User

Motivate it as your training rifle as 30-06 ammo is expensive. It should be pretty straightforward.

What are you going to use it for?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Britz View Post
    Hi everyone I'm looking for someone who can help me with a motivation letter for a .22 long rifle BRNO mod1. I got the rifle from an old man who works with my father in law he is 63 and his children don't want the rifle so I need help please. I do have a 3006 on my name but I heard applying for a .22 is a bit more difficult as most are semi auto to auto but this one is hand use.

Hope someone can help me.

kind regards
    C.J.
    I had no issue when I applied for mine under s15 - occassional hunter. I used these headings:

The need for a .22 Long Rifle (“.22LR”) calibre bolt action rifle can be categorised as follows:
    1. Practising of shooting skills for Hunting - quiet to shoot, no recoil, cheap (see below) which allows me to practise being a better shot and hunter
    2. Affordability of shooting with the .22LR versus my 7x57 calibre rifle - R23 per shot cheaper x 1,000 shots annually = R23k saving which is huge
    3. CHASA .22Long Rifle Hunting Discipline - I want to compete in this
    4. Vermin control of Unprotected Wildlife - Helping farmers - had letters backing this up
    5. Novice Hunters - Perfect calibre to introduce novice hunters (kids etc)
    6. Existing 7x57 calibre bolt action rifle NOT suitable for the purposes in points 1 to 4 immediately above.

I fleshed out each heading a little.

Hope it helps.

To SSP's comment, I use my .22LR extensively for all those points above, that was why I bought it.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

You will probably license under the section of "Occasional Hunting and Sport Shooting."

Motivate as explained above. For target shooting, plinking, practicing, cheaper ammo, honing skills etc. Write up in your motivation all the things you are going to use for it for. That is what a motivation always looks like when I apply for licenses. A list of intended uses and why my current firearms are not suitable and why the one the motivation is for are suitable.

Also, I see you have posted only this one post. Read further on Gunsite and search some more here. There are a lot of answers to be found.

User

Hi JhbBoy,it wil be for occasionally hunting and sport shooting.

User

Hi Almal baie dankie dit help baie ek sal dit so gebruik om myne te tik dankie julle dit word op reg waardeer.

Groete