Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What now???

Default Re: What now???

Thanks guys. It’s a nice FA (H&K USP Compact 40), but my issue isn’t financial. I’d happily give it to someone (legally) rather than handing to SAPS.

Agree with the general consensus to rather hand it over and be done with it, don’t want to create issues for someone else, or for myself down the line.

FNBROWNING - my anniversary was on Monday, I forgot that too. I’m seeing a theme developing here.

User

Make sure you know what paperwork is required when handing it in, and make sure you have everything completed, signed, stamped and have the copies you need as proof, in fact just have copies of everything.

Please do not get into a "I didn't know I need form xyz to be signed by the SAPS when I hand in my gun" situation.

User

Is having it deactivated by a gunsmith an option?
    I rather see it deactivated than handed to the cops.

User

Been reading this thread with interest. If I understand correctly SAPS won't renew expired licence? What kind of new BS skulduggery is this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    Is having it deactivated by a gunsmith an option?
    I rather see it deactivated than handed to the cops.

SAPS gets VERY irate when you mention the idea of handing in a non functioning firearm, although my DFO said we could get them deactivated by a gunsmith he was sure to tell everybody what a waste of money it would be.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    Been reading this thread with interest. If I understand correctly SAPS won't renew expired licence? What kind of new BS skulduggery is this?
    Not very new BS at all.
    It also varies from DFO to DFO on expired white but valid green
    I lost out on a colt detective special, Ruger 357 and remington 870 from my uncle to this as well

Not new at all. Been in news for years now. Amnesty was to assist where people did not in time renew the first time. So they did give a second round to get renewed.

Green cards however still valid if you never got the White one.

Banned

Exclamation Re: What now???

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    This is a silly reaction to the very real concern that by nature of partaking in the same online forum, "we" get associated with "you", who seemingly advocate not just selling a firearm to criminals, but disposing of it illegally. I have NO desire for such an association, but you force it on us with irresponsible posts like that.
    I am sorry you misunderstand / misunderstood the farcical "Pythonesque" nature of my post
    It appears that some issues are -- "hot triggers"

I would suggest that it is the current regime that is -- "illegal" / "unlawful"
    As is the firearms legislation that has been enacted / foisted upon us
    Because ...
    Some people thought it better to compromise and acquiesce

It is legally proven in a court of law that it is the SAPS that sell guns to criminals
    It is also proven in a court of law that the SAPS / SANDF -- "lose" or otherwise cannot account for numbers of firearms including automatic weapons and vast quantities of ammunition !

I would suggest that actually -- I -- am the only sane legal person in the whole scenario.

Please feel free to associate with those who are the actual -- irresponsible ones !

User

I do not dispute that there are significant deficiencies in the law, and we have wonderful people that fight to address those and other attacks on our freedoms. However, the law is the law, and by suggesting illegal actions, you undermine the very people who make it their life's work to fight for our firearm rights.

By definition firearm owners are (one of the, if not THE) most law-abiding section of SA society. Irresponsible posts on a public, firearms oriented forum don't help to cement that fact.

Much as I'm a fan of the Pythons and of Douglas Adams, they're weak excuses...

Hi Donno, just sent you a pm bud

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast