Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default + - R5K BUDGET - NEW SPRINGER RIFLE RECOMENDATION

A family member of mine is in the market for a new .177 springer rifle. His Gecado Model 50 served him a long time, but no longer reasonably repairable. He's looking to spend +- R5k on a new air rifle. He's based out in the sticks, and as much as he's been into town, the local gun shop understandably does not have test air rifles/range. This guy shoots a lot, and would want fair (read good!) accuracy and performance. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

User

Default Re: + - R5K BUDGET - NEW SPRINGER RIFLE RECOMENDATION

Weihrauch rifles are excellent, as is the walther LGV and LGU. The Diana 340NTec is also a good choice as is the 34 Classic and Delux. Basically all of the german made rifles. But he needs to add about 3k to his budget. He will be able to buy higher quality gamo rifles for his budget. A Gamo CFX Royal is about 5k at S&O and is a pretty decent rifle.

If this is still available it is a good choice
    https://www.futurama.co.za/weihrauch...-rifle-4-5-mm/

P.S, would he be willing to part with his Gecado?

User

Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post
    Weihrauch rifles are excellent, as is the walther LGV and LGU. The Diana 340NTec is also a good choice as is the 34 Classic and Delux. Basically all of the german made rifles. But he needs to add about 3k to his budget. He will be able to buy higher quality gamo rifles for his budget. A Gamo CFX Royal is about 5k at S&O and is a pretty decent rifle.

If this is still available it is a good choice
    https://www.futurama.co.za/weihrauch...-rifle-4-5-mm/

P.S, would he be willing to part with his Gecado?
    To be brutally honest, I've played a bit with a Gamo Cfx Royal and I honestly feel that both my BSA Meteor very old springers are 100 times better than the Cfx. A secondhand pcp might be the best option if he can find one, stretch his budget and have a diving cylinder available.

I would only suggest Weihrauch. Or older BSA's. As the newer once apparently also made by Gamo factory.

Also would rather go 5.5mm then 4.5mm

User

For a springer of decent quality i would go for a used weihrauch hw series or air arms tx200 before a new gamo. Although you would most likely have to up the budget a couple of k... In air rifles it literally is "you get what you pay for ".

User

I have a Walther LGV, excellent rifle and consistent enough to reward proper technique. Bought used, I was looking for either a Weihrauch or a Walther and this came up first at a reasonable price. I had a Gamo CFX but could not make peace and after much frustration I gave it to a staff member, never found out how he got along with it.

User

Thanks for the input, I'd imagine it would go in the direction of Weihrauch, and will ask him to also consider Walther, Diana, Air Arms or BSA - and as per consensus, up his budget.
    MariusT, unfortunately his Gecado is of sentimental value to him, he's hanging onto it for now!
    I've managed to find a few Gecado 50's for sale on gunafrica, but they are too far away to evaluate the condition.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Logs View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'd imagine it would go in the direction of Weihrauch, and will ask him to also consider Walther, Diana, Air Arms or BSA - and as per consensus, up his budget.
    MariusT, unfortunately his Gecado is of sentimental value to him, he's hanging onto it for now!
    I've managed to find a few Gecado 50's for sale on gunafrica, but they are too far away to evaluate the condition.
    Regarding the Gecado, I thought so but it was worth a shot. Good luck with the search

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Logs

I am busy checking stock of our Weihrauch HW 50S Breakbarrel Air Rifle - 4.5 mm.

Please let me know if you are interested as I am happy to help :)

User

Thanks Futurama, if his decision goes that way I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast