Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Legal Issues

Default Re: Legal Issues

Hi Bex, I have that Airwolf, got it from Oom MZE, still shooting MOA At 100m, hasn’t missed a beat, with over 20 000 pellets through it. Just one new battery and a breach seal oring in 6 years

074CBFD4-1116-4F62-A70B-3EF761255061.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    George, Do you have any licensed firearms?

A few more than what you would think...

I doubt air rifles and firearms are treated the same way when it comes to import regs, would be nice to hear from the guys who do both.

Do you have a R5 for me, thx man!

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, don't buy it if you think it's too risky, but if another dude wants to,it's none of my business.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    It doesn't matter how law abiding you think you are, or how compliant we all are as a collective, we will be seeing civilian disarmament rather sooner than later. You may have noticed we are rapidly running out of litigation options to stem the tide across all fronts.

Why do the regime's policing work for them?

They are not your/our friend irrespective of what we do or don't do,nor do they even act in good faith. We have way bigger issues than whether some dude bought a super duper pellet gun or not?

Let them clean up their own mess if they allowed something into the country they supposedly prohibit, they released it, nobody else did.

This is purely a political/ideological statement,I'm not telling anyone to break any law.
    You live in South Africa, the regime is not going to change, their attitude towards firearms in the hands of citizens are not going to change, they will use any instance of irresponsible behaviour to further restrict private firearm ownership, period.

If ambiguity exist, push the boundaries, in this case, there is none. This is a case of chasing the dollar with no regard for the outcome and said outcome can negatively affect current freedoms that we enjoy.

I sense some high level negativity about SA from your side, all I can say is that when you hit that point, you have a couple of choices, you can try and become part of the solution, you can join the lawless and be part of the problem or you can get out of Dodge. Quite simply, the day that there is no real legal avenues for the law abiding, will be the day I get out, until that day, when someone asks for information that I have and understand, I'll give it to him.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    And in addition no one has successfully licensed a large caliber airrifle (to my knowledge - I'd be very interested to hear if someone has?)

Some importers have attempted to import and sell them legally, and as far as I know they have got them imported, but cannot get them licensed.
    I worked at a dealer, where we had a few of the Daystate 303's, they were on our register, kept in the safe with the other firearms and when sold, the new owners only came to collect after their licences were granted, but they were imported on temporary import permits, the same as all other firearms. In cases where this process is not followed, by for instance declaring it in such a way that it is never scrutinised, I can see that it will not be possible to have it licensed after the fact.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Hi Bex, I have that Airwolf, got it from Oom MZE, still shooting MOA At 100m, hasn’t missed a beat, with over 20 000 pellets through it. Just one new battery and a breach seal oring in 6 years

074CBFD4-1116-4F62-A70B-3EF761255061.jpg
    Wow I realize now I should not have sold it. It has the best trigger there is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    IF YOU ARE NOT THE CFR OR THE IMPORTER YOU SHOULDN'T BE CONCERNING YOURSELF ABOUT THIS!
    Is this your stance on everything?
    Human trafficking? You are not the trafficker or the police so don't concern yourself with it.

Rape? You are not the rapist or the police so don't concern yourself with it.

Etc... Etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Is this your stance on everything?
    Human trafficking? You are not the trafficker or the police so don't concern yourself with it.

Rape? You are not the rapist or the police so don't concern yourself with it.

Etc... Etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Yawn...

*Edit: What is clear is that IF that "human trafficking" was smuggling Jews out of nazi Germany, some here would have fallen over themselves to report this illegal activity,well maybe not directly but hinted at it while gossiping somewhere,virtue signalling to their neighbors about how they would never break the law and further jeopardize the few "freedoms" they do have.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Legal Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    This is info I have on the topic.

OLD FCA = 'airgun' means any device manufactured to discharge a bullet or any other projectile of a caliber of less than 5.6mm (.22 caliber), by means of compressed gas and not by means of burning propellant;

NEW FCA = 'airgun' means any device manufactured to discharge a bullet or any other projectile-
    (a) of a calibre of less than 5.6 mm (. 22 calibre); OR
    (b) at a muzzle energy of less than 8 joules (6ft-lbs), by means of compressed gas and not by means of burning propellant; [Definition of 'airgun' substituted by s.
    5. Devices not firearms for purposes of this act
    (f) an airgun

And the the latest

https://sahfta.org.za/airgun-safety-...-south-africa/

Definition of an Airgun In Terms of the Law
    (Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000) (as amended up to 31/01/2015)

An airgun is any airgun with a calibre of below 5.6mm regardless of power/energy at the muzzle.
    An airgun is any airgun with a calibre of 5.6mm and above but is manufactured to be incapable of shooting at powers/energy of no more than 8 joules / 6 foot pounds at the muzzle.

Any airgun that exceeds both the 5.6mm calibre and muzzle energy of 8 joules / 6 foot pounds is classified as a firearm in South Africa and in terms of the FCA a firearms licence is required to own and operate such. Hereinafter referred to as a “LCA – Large Calibre Airgun” class airgun.

Now the question is which FCR, DFO or policeman know this or the difference between the airguns and will issue you a license or permit. I would advice you to go to your DFO and ask for a permit. If he says not needed let him put it in writing with the airgun serial no and details on the letter.
    Thank you
    Most helpful information

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4