Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Legal Issues

User

Default Re: Legal Issues

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    IF YOU ARE NOT THE CFR OR THE IMPORTER YOU SHOULDN'T BE CONCERNING YOURSELF ABOUT THIS!

Keep in mind some customs dude had a look at these and gave it a thumbs up.
    I enjoy the limited freedom from licencing of certain classes of air rifles under the current FCA, a situation that we stand to loose because an importer has scratched out a loophole to get these large bore air rifles though customs, without CFR approval. I wonder how the support of the larger firearm community for such blatant disregard of the FCA will be viewed.

The OP is indeed asking the correct questions..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

You support the FCA that's only applicable to law abiding citizens anyway, are we becoming Fudd bootlickers now?

Sommer go hand in all your guns now while we at it, maybe phone in or report those guys while you are there...

I guess some here will also fall over themselves to get to their dfo when confiscation finally comes? No molon labe or civil disobedience just a bunch of compliant sheep ratting on their neighbours?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    A hand pump, so you wouldn't need a gas bottle, just the pump and the gun?
    Yes , but I have both and the cylinder works better than the pump in the long run.
    my figures are for .22 size PCP gun, bigger will give lower shotcount, but bigger calibres are more efficient.

The Pump is about R3500 , needed servicing about every 5000 shots , you can get the kit and do it yourself , but I never got as good results when doing it myself as when sending it in. Get a Hill Pump , not the Hatsan or others. You can even get an electrical compressor for about R8000 nowadays, saw one in Wildman.

A dive cylinder is about R3500 new,I got 2 second hand for R2500. Depending on the size and pressure you can get from 1500 - 3000 shots from a cylinder between fillings.
    I have 2 x 6L 300 bar cylinders and got about 2000 shots between fills per cylinder. A fill is about R100 and you need to get it tested every 2 years , usually the dive shop that fills it for you can do the test.

For taking along on a hunt a 6L cylinder is not really more bulky than the pump.

You support the FCA that's only applicable to law abiding citizens anyway, are we becoming Fudd bootlickers now?

Sommer go hand in all your guns now while we at it, maybe phone in or report those guys while you are there...

I guess some here will also fall over themselves to get to their dfo when confiscation finally comes? No molon labe or civil disobedience just a bunch of compliant sheep ratting on their neighbours?
    Sorry George, but short-sighted people like you are the problem, not those who quite rightly fear the inevitable over-reaction of the SAPS and the man with the big hat. So you do not like the FCA, neither do I. However, wilfully ignoring its provisions is just plain stupid and affects everyone in the end.

Peter

Default Legal Issues

I have never understood why we debate legal questions like this in the open. Should Enough debate happen, and enough “advice” be given it’s sure to attract attention... and there goes my “reasonable person Défense”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    I have never understood why we debate legal questions like this in the open.
    Because the Moderaters do not protect our long term interests by closing the threads.

Peter

User

So George

I am actually still proud to be a law abiding citizen, I show my resistance to legislation that I don't agree with by working to have it amended and where there is ambiguity I'll even push the boundaries a little, unfortunately in this case there is no ambiguity, that was sorted by a court that found that an air rifle of 5.5mm falls into the class of air rifles that does not have to be licenced under the FCA as it's requirements for licencing an air rifle is 5.6mm and with a muzzle energy of over 8 joule.

To your second point I can only reply "aga", if my intent with this is unclear, as Bruce here on the forum and he'll point you in the right direction.

Finally I have no intent of reporting anyone, but I also do not intend to keep my mouth shut when I see patently incorrect information being peddled as the truth.

And as a post script, the FCA is less limiting on the ownership of air rifles than the previous arms and ammunition act was and I sure would hate to loose this relaxation because somebody out there wanted to make some extra money without sticking to the game.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

It doesn't matter how law abiding you think you are, or how compliant we all are as a collective, we will be seeing civilian disarmament rather sooner than later. You may have noticed we are rapidly running out of litigation options to stem the tide across all fronts.

Why do the regime's policing work for them?

They are not your/our friend irrespective of what we do or don't do,nor do they even act in good faith. We have way bigger issues than whether some dude bought a super duper pellet gun or not?

Let them clean up their own mess if they allowed something into the country they supposedly prohibit, they released it, nobody else did.

This is purely a political/ideological statement,I'm not telling anyone to break any law.

Banned

Arrow Re: Legal Issues

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    So George
    I am actually still proud to be a law abiding citizen,
    Serious question -- I am interested to know why ?

IF all the "terrorists" in the ANC / SACP / PAC were all proud to be law abiding "citizens" WHERE would they be today ?

Still second class drawers of water and hewers of wood !

I find it extremely difficult to understand white people in South Africa !

Banned

Question Re: Legal Issues

We have way bigger issues than whether some dude bought a super duper pellet gun or not?
    This is purely a political/ideological statement,I'm not telling anyone to break any law.
    I hear these are extremely expensive
    So not so many going to purchase them / afford to buy them any way !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast