Default TheQM - Grind it, as often as you want!

From R510.49

Manual Coffee Grinder
    Ideal for Travel or camping
    Material: Glass, Plastic, Ceramic Burr,Stainless Steel
    Features conical ceramic burrs.
    Grinder is 172 mm wide, 93 mm deep, and 214 mm high
    Spare glass container for easy storage included
    Grind setting is easily adjustable
    Dishwasher safe

https://www.thequartermaster.co.za/g...grinder?page=3
    Price includes Vat.
    Full costs displayed BEFORE you have to pay.
    Online Credit Card and EFT Payment options available.

www.thequartermaster.co.za we are still very much ONLINE, continue to deliver Nation-Wide and Internationally, Door2Door OR you can pop in and Click’nCollect

Please contact us at sales@thequartermaster.co.za if you need assistance or have a query.

MAG
    #TheQM
    E&OE

User

Default Re: TheQM - Grind it, as often as you want!

These grinders are absolutely brilliant. I have one and I've been using it for years. Yes, it's a hassle to crank the handle every morning but it gets the heart rate up and I like it. On a side-note, you can remove the top nut that holds the handle in place, remove the handle and then fit a battery drill to the exposed thread. Then you grind coffee in seconds. It does sort of stuff up the thread, but it works if you have to grind a lot (I milled up several kilos of grain with this mill using the drill the other day).

User

It must have taken you all day

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    It does sort of stuff up the thread, .
    Tox...you could make a pretty simple adapter that fits into your drill chuck and engages the thread so that you dont mangle the coffee grinder's thread. It is simple and literally only requires two nuts and one bolt of the same thread as the grinder. I did one for a friend years ago, and all it took as a trip to a bolt supplier to get the the BSW (British Standard Whitworth) thread nuts and bolts, and 5mins with the arc welder and small angle grinder......why a machine, made in China, would use imperial threads beats the shit out of me, but there you have it.

I must add that grinding your beans fresh is about the second most NB consideration in making that perfect cup of coffee.....It makes a HUGE difference. This machine lowers the entry barriers to happy days!

User

Yep. I've been thinking of just buying some nuts or whatever from Screwman and making that adapter, but I grind 2~3 times a day max, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I've done the same with mine. Sweet, if you have pics and some DIY instructions, I'd love to do the mod. No matter how little coffee I grind, I'm lazy and powered makes more sense than me doing it LOL
    -MAG

Quote Originally Posted by TheQM View Post
    I've done the same with mine. Sweet, if you have pics and some DIY instructions, I'd love to do the mod. No matter how little coffee I grind, I'm lazy and powered makes more sense than me doing it LOL
    -MAG
    MAG, sadly, I didn't take pics, so I am going to try to describe it in words:
    - unscrew the little nut that holds the crank in place, and find out what thread it has. As I said, on my friend's one, it looked like an M6, but turned out to be a 1/4"BSW thread.
    - buy 3nuts and one bolt (between 40mm and 40mm long).
    - screw the nuts onto the bolt and weld the nuts together into a single long nut, with the threads all nicely alligned.
    - unscrew the nut partially off the bolt and screw the nut onto the top of your coffee mill, as far as you would like the nut to engage the thread of the mill.
    - screw the bolt in, until it touches the top of the mill bolt/
    - remove the nut and bolt as a single unit (to keep the position of the two the same), and weld the nut to the bolt.
    - hacksaw the bolt head off and camfer the cut with a file. Tighten this into your cordless drill chuck and off you go!

Does that make sense? I am sure that you could achieve the same effect by using two part epoxy instead of welding, but havent tried it.

User

If it is possible, after removing the crank handle, to get 2 nuts on the shaft, tightened againt each other so that they lock and is alligned to look like 1 nut. Then you can get a correct size nut driver for your cordless drill to drive the nuts. Or if you want to weld - take a old Hexagon bit, cut the front part off, weld the hex stub onto the correct size nut, screw nut tight onto the coffee grinder shaft. Then you can just leave the female hex connector in your drill.

Thanks Guys
    I'm absolutely going to give this a shot!!!