Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: VEKTOR H5 accuracy?

The milsurp SA made Berdan primed ammo is capable of 3-4 MOA accuracy at best. Funny enough, I have some Boxer primed local FMJ ammo (packaged in the same brown 30-round packs) that does 1,5 MOA.

The H5 rifle should be capable of 1,5 MOA or less with good ammo and if the scope base is sitting tight. The single screw and dovetail arrangement that holds the action cover/scope base does not inspire lots of confidence in me. If it is removed for cleaning, then some zero shift is also expected.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post

He is slightly disgruntled because he gets 2MOA (50mm) groupings at 50m with milsurp ammunition.
    Sometimes I get the feeling that some people tries/wants to get "BMW M3 2020 performance out of a 1985 ISUZU bakkie, running on 500ppm agricultural diesel". Is it just me? LoL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that some people tries/wants to get "BMW M3 2020 performance out of a 1985 ISUZU bakkie, running on 500ppm agricultural diesel". Is it just me? LoL
    It does happen, yes, and probably more often than one would care to admit.

This particular young man does not know much about firearms, and was used to another rifle. I do not think that he understood the limitations of the H5. It seems that they wounded an animal at 50 metres, and he did not understand how that was possible. From the answers on this thread he would hopefully be able to get the best out of the particular rifle.

User

This particular young man does not know much about firearms, and was used to another rifle. I do not think that he understood the limitations of the H5. It seems that they wounded an animal at 50 metres, and he did not understand how that was possible. From the answers on this thread he would hopefully be able to get the best out of the particular rifle.
    99.9% of the time I think it is driver error.

User

Sometimes these incidents produce a great opportunity at a bargain price.

User

Is it legal to hunt with semi-automatic rifles?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Is it legal to hunt with semi-automatic rifles?
    Basically, no. The sole exception I know of is that some provinces allow semi's for varminting/pest control.

Just note: the Vektor H5 is a pump action, not semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Sometimes these incidents produce a great opportunity at a bargain price.
    To follow suggestions like these is what causes folks to mention "dominee" and "#&*%=@" in the same sentence

User

4 moa accuracy is not enough to wound an animal. a kill zone on an impala is at least 20moa. 4 moa is plenty accurate for boiler room shoots

Banned

A local jackal hunter used an H5 for his pest control. Inexplicable misses eventually made him get rid of it and he is now using a 204 Howa with great success.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    4 moa accuracy is not enough to wound an animal. A kill zone on an impala is at least 20moa. 4 moa is plenty accurate for boiler room shoots
    They usually took head shots at 40m-70m with another rifle. When he tried the same with the H5 the animal fell down and ran off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast