Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default New Amnesty Announced + Interesting Stats

"During this period 27 336 firearms and 212 476 ammunition were surrendered."

"Meanwhile, 10 704 applications for firearm licences have been received by police, with 147 applications finalised."

"The new amnesty period starts on 1 August and will run until January 2021."

The number of surrendered firearms are much lower than what I thought it would be, considering that it was touted that there are 500 000+ expired licences and coupled with the fact that both GOSA and Martin Hood recommended making use of the first amnesty!

https://www.news24.com/news24/SouthA...cards-20200615

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    "Meanwhile, 10 704 applications for firearm licences have been received by police, with 147 applications finalised."
    🙄

User

Default Re: New Amnesty Announced + Interesting Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    The number of surrendered firearms are much lower than what I thought it would be, considering that it was touted that there are 500 000+ expired licences and coupled with the fact that both GOSA and Martin Hood recommended making use of the first amnesty!
    Dafaq?
    GOSA told people not to use the amnesty because it wasn't for relicensing.
    They only started singing a different tune in the last 2 weeks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Dafaq?
    GOSA told people not to use the amnesty because it wasn't for relicensing.
    They only started singing a different tune in the last 2 weeks.
    You didn’t notice that SAPS appealed the GOSA interdict on 22 May 2020. Although judgement has been reserved, things may or may not go in GOSA’s favour. Nobody knows how long until judgement is reached.

GOSA published changed recommendations probably based on the fact that the court condoned SAPS’s very late/delayed appeal. SAPS have dragged this out over two years as part of their plan.

If their appeal had been denied, GOSA’s interdict would still stand. Since the appeal was however heard by the SCA, it may be that the GOSA interdict could be struck down which is why GOSA had to change their recommendation about using the amnesty. SAPS clearly delayed their appeal to make sure it almost coincided with the end of the amnesty. It was no coincidence. They are devious bunts, but we know this.

People seem to think GOSA did an about turn for no reason, but they clearly haven’t followed developments in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    You didn’t notice that SAPS appealed the GOSA interdict on 22 May 2020. Although judgement has been reserved, things may or may not go in GOSA’s favour. Nobody knows how long until judgement is reached.

GOSA published changed recommendations probably based on the fact that the court condoned SAPS’s very late/delayed appeal. SAPS have dragged this out over two years as part of their plan.

If their appeal had been denied, GOSA’s interdict would still stand. Since the appeal was however heard by the SCA, it may be that the GOSA interdict could be struck down which is why GOSA had to change their recommendation about using the amnesty. SAPS clearly delayed their appeal to make sure it almost coincided with the end of the amnesty. It was no coincidence. They are devious bunts, but we know this.

People seem to think GOSA did an about turn for no reason, but they clearly haven’t followed developments in court.

Nobody is short on information and I take offence to the insinuation.

Tell me, if the appeal was denied and the eventual court case lost, would the people that were told not to use the amnesty be given special privilege to apply for renewal?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Nobody is short on information and I take offence to the insinuation.

Tell me, if the appeal was denied and the eventual court case lost, would the people that were told not to use the amnesty be given special privilege to apply for renewal?
    Wasted my time trying to answer that.

You know it all, you answer your own question then.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Wasted my time trying to answer that.

You know it all, you answer your own question then.

Yeah...

Banned

Question Re: New Amnesty Announced + Interesting Stats

United we stand divided we fall ..
    WHY are you guys fighting each other rather than the common foe ?

User

So is the consensus now that one need(ed) to use the amnesty as an opportunity to re-apply for an expired licence?

User

Bear in mind that there are "people" and "organisations" that have been actively recommending that handguns be handed in and re-applied for, who actually make a living ("killing") out of charging people thousands of rands for motivations, guaranteed, competencies and applications.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast