Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: The Huguenot~ and the Charlize Theron link

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    NO offence to anyone and certainly not the OP

There is a book -- one many would like to burn -- that covers this period in time in a way you have not seen before
    It is iconoclastic

http://www.chrisash.co.za/krugers-war/

The content covers what may be thought of as the -- often quoted truths of the ABW
    After careful reading you may discover that the "truth" is somewhat less beguiling

Disclaimer:
    I do know the author and have signed copies of his books -- which I paid for

PS:
    My grandmother on my mothers side was a THERON
    Boy, this guy has a stash of the good stuff. Is he sharing with you?

Kriek

That was fascinating, thank you.

All except for "all men are rapists" and "I think all guns should be banned" except for in my movies charlize

Banned

Exclamation Re: The Huguenot~ and the Charlize Theron link

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofspades View Post
    Boy, this guy has a stash of the good stuff. Is he sharing with you?
    Kriek
    SO
    Saying this once and once only so as not to derail the thread
    Quite clearly you and your compadres have shown by your replies that you are members of the "Fan-club"

http://www.chrisash.co.za/entertaining-fanmail/

When you are able to marshal the number and variety of primary source historical references
    and
    Are able to debate as intelligent civilised citizens one might be able to pay some scant attention to your ignorant rants !

User

When you are able to marshal the number and variety of primary source historical references
    When you are able to marshal your prefrontal cortex...

I actually agree with what the people here are writing, http://www.chrisash.co.za/entertaining-fanmail/ and understand a bit better when a certain people, such as the Jews or Vets feel when there is such a blatant attack on the history and culture by someone is obviously writing for attention.

User

This is from his other book

The second Boer War is the most important war in South African history; indeed, without it, South Africa would likely have not existed. But it’s also one of the least understood conflicts of the era. Over a century of Leftist bleating and insidious, self-serving revisionism, first by Afrikaner nationalists and then by the apartheid regime, has left the layman with a completely skewed view of the war. Incredibly, most people will tell you that the British attacked the Boers to steal their gold, and that when the clueless, red-jacketed Tommies advanced under orders of bumptious, incompetent British generals they were mowed down in their thousands. Others think of the conflict in terms of ‘Britain against South Africa’ and many believe that the Boers actually won the war; the marginally more enlightened explain away the Boer defeat by claiming it took millions of British troops to beat them, or that it was only the ‘genocide’ of the concentration camps which forced the plucky Boers to throw in the towel.

Love how he puts genocide in ''

No one thinnks the Boers won the war.

What utter BS. Thanks for ruining a great thread and video.

User

SO
    Quite clearly you and your compadres have shown by your replies that you are members of the "Fan-club"

and
    Are able to debate as intelligent civilised citizens one might be able to pay some scant attention to your ignorant rants !
    Am I the only one around here that is beginning to get the impression that you enjoy trolling on this forum?

User

No

Banned

Arrow Re: The Huguenot~ and the Charlize Theron link

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Am I the only one around here that is beginning to get the impression that you enjoy trolling on this forum?
    "Books are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like books, blame it on society" ~Chris

I post a link to a book the content of which is relevant to the thread
    A book that many sensible intelligent people are able to digest and debate quite calmly
    But
    I am "trolling" merely because --some -- who have NEVER actually read the book in it's entirety are offended !

Is this the dark ages of book burning and censorship ?

User

"Books are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like books, blame it on society" ~Chris

I post a link to a book the content of which is relevant to the thread
    A book that many sensible intelligent people are able to digest and debate quite calmly
    But
    I am "trolling" merely because --some -- who have NEVER actually read the book in it's entirety are offended !

Is this the dark ages of book burning and censorship ?
    Perhaps next time, instead of taking a dump on somebody else's thread - start your own!

User

SO

and
    Breneke, you derailed the thread when you started spewing manure on it.

KK20. Good storytelling and very interesting. I have no idea why Charlize is stuffed in there

Kriek

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast