Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Highly likely a staged picture. If the front of the trigger guard passed through and it being wider than the trigger, it would be highly unlikely for the leather to kink in like in the picture.
    The angle of the wound channel vs the holster design looks very suspicious to me, was he wearing the holster SOB position?

User

Default Re: no safety type pistols ????

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    The full picture shows that the choice of holster was totally incorrect as the leather could not cover the trigger guard and was a holster probably for a different make of gun that was pressed into use.

The person's understanding of safety is much to be desired.

In the pictures it looks like a holster is a LHS while it seems he carried RHS?
    You are looking at the holster on the inside edge. The belt loops are on the other side. It is designed to sit between the belt and trousers.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    You are looking at the holster on the inside edge. The belt loops are on the other side. It is designed to sit between the belt and trousers.
    Ah ! ok
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    The majority of traditional safeties don't prevent inadvertent trigger activation. They inhibit sear release.
    Thanks for the correction. The main point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    The fact is that the design is not inherently unsafe....
    Agree. I have no problem with the design and I also do not think it is inherently unsafe. I actually think all defensive weapons should follow the same philosophy.

My gripe is calling the little lever on the trigger an automatic safety. I think it gives some people a false sense of security.

From a design simplification point of view a striker fired pistol makes a lot of sense and there is no question that the Glock design is excellent but for the life of me I just cannot allow a loaded pistol to point at my nuts.Yet I did so for decades with a long double action pull.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3