Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Pistol Reddot Journey

Ok 200 rounds down and 2 weeks carrying.

Firstly after practising dry fire in my car, I see there is a weird fluctuation in the brightness. This is where the dot is trying to figure out if it should be bright or dim. Firing out of a darker vehicle interior into a brighter outside confuses it.

I have opted to stick with a solid brightness.

Cleaning is easy. Wetwipe sorts out all the fluffy stuff that gets trapped in the optic.

Carrying is the same as ever, no change in the dynamics. Except now and again you look down and do a little head bob to try and see the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    Except now and again you look down and do a little head bob to try and see the dot.

You naughty man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    The RMR collects fluff as well, whether IWB or OWB. With the ACRO not so much of an issue.

Zeiss makes disposable wipes which I bought from S&O. Helps keeping few loose with you in bag, car etc.

All the best.

How would you rate the aimpoint Acro?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by VolderTort View Post
    How would you rate the aimpoint Acro?

The Acro works well, I don’t really find an issue to swop between the Acro and RMR. I pick up the red dot easily on both platforms.

The Acro battery life is an issue as discussed on different forums as it’s a CR1225, easy to change though. You need higher suppressor sights with Acro, compared to my milled RMR slides. The Glock Acro mounting plate raises the RDS.

They both are strong and I have bumped and scratched them with no issues. Carrying IWB or OWB is a non issue and the Acro does not feel like it’s a heavy block.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    The Acro works well, I don’t really find an issue to swop between the Acro and RMR. I pick up the red dot easily on both platforms.

The Acro battery life is an issue as discussed on different forums as it’s a CR1225, easy to change though. You need higher suppressor sights with Acro, compared to my milled RMR slides. The Glock Acro mounting plate raises the RDS.

They both are strong and I have bumped and scratched them with no issues. Carrying IWB or OWB is a non issue and the Acro does not feel like it’s a heavy block.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback bud. Really appreciate it.
    RMR is the best, but the price is a lot more, so it's a difficult decision.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3