Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Immigration and addiction to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Question. Is it possible to move to for example Canada. Do all the requirements. And then have you current firearms shipped over?
    From what I've read, yes, depending....

You need to make sure your firearms aren't on the naughty list.
    The general consensus is that unless it is a custom firearm or it has exceptional sentimental value, it isn't worth the effort.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Question. Is it possible to move to for example Canada. Do all the requirements. And then have you current firearms shipped over?
    I moved from KZN to Canada 2 years ago and had some very nice rifles I had to let go. It has taken me about a year to get my PAL here. This may be quicker in some of the more gun friendly provinces. Once you have that, you can get any non-restricted firearm. If the rifle has huge sentimental value to you, and you can store it for a year, you could go this route. But for sure it will be more expensive than selling in SA and buying local.

Also to remember, shooting in Canada, either target or hunting is much more regulated than SA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of 2 people that have done this but I believe it is costly. So unless the firearms are very valuable (materially or sentimentally) is cheaper to just buy here. New firearms here, for the most part, are less expensive than SA. Used prices highly variable. Although, with the current USD-CAD exchange things have got a lot more expensive in the last few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2