Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Precision Rimfire Optic recommendations?

Anyone got any recommendations for optics in NRL22/Precision type matches ?

User

Default Re: Precision Rimfire Optic recommendations?

I just bought a Bushnell Engage 4-16x44 for that purpose.

User

I went with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP-Milrad. A friend went with a similar Tac Vector Optics scope for almost half the price. Just as good in my opinion.

User

If you are on a tight budget, consider one of the Vector range of scopes. They are Chinese made and I don't expect the kind of after sales service and repair options that you can get from Vortex, Leupold and Lynx. So if it breaks a few years down the line, you may very well have to just dump it and buy a new scope. Factory defects are covered by the warranty and CPA. I bough one from Roscoe Tactical and Hunting (check on facebook) and am happy with the price, service and the scope. Will see how it performs over the years.

For normal Nrl match, the Hawke with 22lr reticle works great. Up to 200m accurate enough.

I'm running the Hawke and Sightron S3 8-32x. Sightron when I'm trying to shoot 200+ only. 400m with 22lr is bricks of fun.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I had a Hawke 22lr scope on my CZ455. Just over year ago bought a Sako Quad. But for it also got the Hawke 22lr. Very clear. Affordable price. And the 22lr Reticle once setup to 50m zero. Works brilliant on the marked distances on reticle.

I also have a Hawke on my PCP. Which is great.

However I have not fitted a Hawke on anything but a 22lr. As for larger calibers I went with Lynx and Vortex. As I trust them more to handle the recoil and the after sale service on them.

But for 22lr and PCP the rifles dont beat up the scope with recoil

User

Is there any accuracy difference between the CZ and the Sako?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rubble View Post
    Is there any accuracy difference between the CZ and the Sako?
    Both are good. It will depend more on the individual rifle and whether you find the ammo it likes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I had a Hawke 22lr scope on my CZ455. Just over year ago bought a Sako Quad. But for it also got the Hawke 22lr. Very clear. Affordable price. And the 22lr Reticle once setup to 50m zero. Works brilliant on the marked distances on reticle.

I also have a Hawke on my PCP. Which is great.

However I have not fitted a Hawke on anything but a 22lr. As for larger calibers I went with Lynx and Vortex. As I trust them more to handle the recoil and the after sale service on them.

But for 22lr and PCP the rifles dont beat up the scope with recoil
    With your Hawke BDC reticle, what .22 ammo are you using to use only the marked distances on the reticle. 50-200m?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    With your Hawke BDC reticle, what .22 ammo are you using to use only the marked distances on the reticle. 50-200m?
    He doesn't own that scope anymore, I do. The specific reticle is for 22LR HV ammo. Zero'd at 50m, as it indicates, the correlation between reticle drop and actual drop seems OK for 100m (you'll hit a 15cm gong), but not quite on further out (I'm using Winchester HV ammo). I'm probably going to rezero it to 65m, looks like 100m will then be spot on.

I believe you also get these reticles for 22LR subsonic and for 22Mag

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast