Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris86 View Post
    What about the Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire 3-9x40?
    I am considering that for my CZ 455

Dont need to win matches just want to maintain competitive shooter status.
    Brilliant glass at the price point, I still have to take it out past 120m, but the hold over points are easy to use . I can't talk about it being suitable for the sport in question, but as a simple, reliable, clear optic ,I have good things to say about it. Mine was not bought with Precision rimfire in mind.

Default Re: Precision Rimfire Optic recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Brilliant glass at the price point, I still have to take it out past 120m, but the hold over points are easy to use . I can't talk about it being suitable for the sport in question, but as a simple, reliable, clear optic ,I have good things to say about it. Mine was not bought with Precision rimfire in mind.
    As he said - really good value for money scope. I have one on my 455 and can, if I remember correctly, hold off to about 200m if zeroed in at 50m.

Sent from my BV9500Pro using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by roballen View Post
    As he said - really good value for money scope. I have one on my 455 and can, if I remember correctly, hold off to about 200m if zeroed in at 50m.

Sent from my BV9500Pro using Tapatalk
    Very nice scope and I cannot fault it. Many dassies, rabbits and jacals will disagree with me

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I had a Hawke 22lr scope on my CZ455. Just over year ago bought a Sako Quad. But for it also got the Hawke 22lr. Very clear. Affordable price. And the 22lr Reticle once setup to 50m zero. Works brilliant on the marked distances on reticle.

I also have a Hawke on my PCP. Which is great.

However I have not fitted a Hawke on anything but a 22lr. As for larger calibers I went with Lynx and Vortex. As I trust them more to handle the recoil and the after sale service on them.

But for 22lr and PCP the rifles dont beat up the scope with recoil
    With your Hawke BDC reticle, what .22 ammo are you using to use only the marked distances on the reticle. 50-200m?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    With your Hawke BDC reticle, what .22 ammo are you using to use only the marked distances on the reticle. 50-200m?
    He doesn't own that scope anymore, I do. The specific reticle is for 22LR HV ammo. Zero'd at 50m, as it indicates, the correlation between reticle drop and actual drop seems OK for 100m (you'll hit a 15cm gong), but not quite on further out (I'm using Winchester HV ammo). I'm probably going to rezero it to 65m, looks like 100m will then be spot on.

I believe you also get these reticles for 22LR subsonic and for 22Mag

This is what I use. It’s good enough to place in a competition, but not crazy pricing. MRAD turrets and reticle. And if you use IStrelok calculator the reticle and adjustments are pre-loaded in the software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    He doesn't own that scope anymore, I do. The specific reticle is for 22LR HV ammo. Zero'd at 50m, as it indicates, the correlation between reticle drop and actual drop seems OK for 100m (you'll hit a 15cm gong), but not quite on further out (I'm using Winchester HV ammo). I'm probably going to rezero it to 65m, looks like 100m will then be spot on.

I believe you also get these reticles for 22LR subsonic and for 22Mag
    Okay, just got back from the range with quite a cross wind blowing. Didn't make that much difference though.
    I upped the velocity of ammo from CCI Std. (40gr. 1070fps) zeroed at 50m to Winchester Super X (40gr, 1150fps) and had to dial down 1 MOA and Left 1 MOA. Then the same WIN rounds at 100m on a 160mm dia target gave me a 3MOA spread too the right. (May have been some wind influence.) Then at 200m I might have skimmed the edge of the 250mm dia target at 2 0 clock.
    Then I tried 5 rounds of Hornady Varmint Express (40gr. 1070fps) and whacked the gong 3 out of 5 shots. Probably also 3 MOA spread.

Strange thing is, a couple of weeks ago, I had to aim 250mm high to hit the same gong at 200m with the CCI Std., hence my question. Maybe the standard 1070fps ammo will be okay at 200m using the 200 recticle correctly.

Anyhow, I've still got 400 rounds of the WIN 1150fps left, so, I'll experiment with those in the meantime.

User

If you do not mind I would like to see what happens if you zero at 50 and zoom out till it hits at 200. Then see if the other distances correlate?

User

That is exactly what I intend to do next week on hopefully a windless day. Going to try both 1070 and 1150fps ammo.
    Will report back when done.

User

I got one about a week ago!

Sorry I can not add much more than that. I did some testing but only did a half ^%$#@ job. Shot 50m to 200m but standing and at a rabbit sized cement stone with a gun that is not very accurate.

Thus far Remington Thunderbolt seems ok but it will take a bit more testing. They are 40gr (1255).
    I will test 36gr (1260) after that to see if that was the recommended 1260 HV ammo Hawke wants us to use.

From there I will be one the same path with the standard velocities...trying to figure out at what magnification, if any, they work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast