Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default CZ455 or Ruger 10/22

Hi All

My 1st rifle in the process of being licensed is a Howa 30-06.

I am looking to buy a second rifle in 22LR as I am not reloading yet and want to keep the shooting cost as low as possible but also maintain Dedicated Sport Shooter status.

Both rifles have pro's and cons and licencing will certainly be more difficult for the Ruger.

However if you could only buy one which would it be and why?

Thank you for the assistance.

User

Default Re: CZ455 or Ruger 10/22

If you want to save money on bullets, the 10/22 might not be for you. Few things chew through a box of rounds than a nice semi-auto.

User

Bolt action .22 would be higher on my list. Less fussy with ammo, cheaper to run.

CZ455. Great Rifles. Super accurate. The 10/22 will not beat the CZ for accuracy on any day.

The CZ you can adjust trigger yourself to a nice spot. And get cheap kit to make it super great. But not even needed.

The 10/22 does not have that bad trigger but also not that great.

Unless you are going to shoot some semi auto event. Then the CZ will be more worthwhile.

The idea of a semi is nice for fun. But then some or maybe most ranges will only allow you to shoot on paper or gong. And not run around shooting other targets that people on youtube shoot.

Then also a semi is more of work to apply for then a Bolt action.

Also with 22lr Bolt actions will not give you near the issues a semi sill give with ammo.

And again the accuracy alone of the 455 over the 10/22.

User

Been through this. I went with the 455 as my first .22. Semi you will definitely shoot more in terms of round counts. Both have their place. I will probably add a semi 22 later on, but at the moment the bolt works just fine.

Blasting is fun but the allure wears off over time. The cz you can actually shoot fairly accurately up to at least 100 m or maybe even slightly beyond.

Or go half and half. And buy a CZ512. At one point S&O stocked them.

User

455 or the latest version 457 any day. Solid Over build action and bolt will make this last beyond your Grandchildren. Just look close up of the thick piece of billet they machine the action from, Then place side by side to other 22's You feel and see the quality immediately when you paw the CZ.

Ps: get 2 or 2 extra 5 or 10 shot mags when placing your order. They go up in pric everytime i see them . Working mans Anshutz or Walther :)

User

Everyone needs a bolt action .22.

If you get into practical shooting and need a semi-auto, the S&W M&P 15-22 is superior to the Ruger.

I had a older CZ/BRNO Mark 2. Sold it and bought the 455. Shorter and more compact but very well built. I then did that cheap trigger upgrade that was on Gunsite group buy. Which made trigger incredible.

I bought en 2018 a new Sako 222 Laminated stainless rifle for my 12 year at that time daughter to shoot with me when I shoot gongs with 308.

Any case the Sako 85 was gorgeous so I told dealer to immediately to order me a Sako Quad 22lr as well. So I gave the 455 to my friend as a gift. And when the Sako Quad came I was actually dissapointed. As it comes with a Plastic bolt knob and plastic trigger guard although double price of CZ455. Even mags pricey. I did change the Bolt knob and trigger guard over to steel by ordering online from US.

But side by side. The CZ455 is much nicer looking and built then the Sako Quad Hunter. Especially when you look at the price difference as well.

The Sako 85 222rem over the CZ527 22Hornet I had before it is a different story as the 85 beats the 527 in quality again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast