User

Default How reliable is viewfines.co.za versus fnb?

I got an sms from viewfines.co.za (I did register a profile years ago for some reason) stating that I allegedly got a Summons, but when I check fnb I got nothing. For honesty sake, I always use fnb to pay traffic fines.

Which one is the most reliable to determine if I do indeed have a fine that is outstanding?

User

Default Re: How reliable is viewfines.co.za versus fnb?

These sites all buy expired/written off fines from munics and threaten you with a summons.

But to answer your question, check which municipalities each site covers they all have different agreements.

User

I had a fine which I paid in December, not reflecting on "the system", kept getting reminders and the fine price kept going up.

I emailed revenue@rtia.co.za, and 'AARTO Enquiries' <aartoenquiriesrtia.co.za@rtia.co.za> got a response and it was sorted out quickly. Email them first and enquire.

I would not trust any 3rd Party company who contacts me.

I would rather ask traffic department to check by going into them.

Theres alot of rules regarding fines. If you signed for it. The time frame in which you need to be informed. And summonses issued on fines.
    Regrettably these are not correctly done. Because if you have outstanding fines. And where you truly have not received them or summonses. In a roadblock they will treat you as if you did. Where if the rules are correctly followed you would have had to sign for acknowledgement of fine in prescribed time frame as well as summons.

User

ViewFines: In May 2018, the South African website for viewing traffic fines online known as ViewFines suffered a data breach. Over 934k records containing 778k unique email addresses were exposed and included names, phone numbers, government issued IDs and passwords stored in plain text.
    Compromised data: Email addresses, Government issued IDs, Names, Passwords, Phone numbers

Banned

I have not paid a fine since 2002.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have not paid a fine since 2002.

Oh with the new technology at road blocks, you are about too haha

They sit outside my office (traffic police) road block closes to one lane, van they sitting in scans on coming traffic with number plate recognition
    They have your outstanding fines on hand before you even stop your car

Also saw a stolen car get picked up as plates didn't match manufacturer

Banned

Perhaps with the latest fine or two, but I have only had perhaps 2 in last 3/4 years. The rest all had some error on them and I also believe they just get lost. I have had no summons on any fine in over 15 years, fine - reminder, then nothing. We shall see.
    I resist this government in every way possible, slow subtle resistance, make everything difficult for them.
    ..............................Its my democratic right to resist, protest

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    I had a fine which I paid in December, not reflecting on "the system", kept getting reminders and the fine price kept going up.

I emailed revenue@rtia.co.za, and 'AARTO Enquiries' <aartoenquiriesrtia.co.za@rtia.co.za> got a response and it was sorted out quickly. Email them first and enquire.
    What did they need to track your fines? ID number? Vehicle reg number?