Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Very Dissapointed - DSG

I'm very dissapointed today.
    After spending a lot of time and fuel to go to the retail store. To pick up a product priced R550 on their website, they want to charge me R695.
    Very dissapointed in their business practices.
    Has anyone have similiar experiences?

User

Default Re: Very Dissapointed - DSG

Thats not lekker, but you should probably call first to confirm a price.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Thats not lekker, but you should probably call first to confirm a price.
    No I don't agree, if you advertise a product at a certain price, the expectation (especially from a reputable company) is that the product is indeed available at mentioned price.

Outdated websites, especially in today's technology age, reflects badly on companies, and will be detriment to business in the future.

I travel regularly to JHB, and visit DSG based on their website prices, if I had a similar experience, that would be the end to my visits. I do not have time to contact a company, wait on the phone for people to assist me, especially to confirm website pricing.

Similar experience, But exact opposite you had. Also other Retailer.

In this week i was looking for a Piezo starter button for small project. Found Stingray company. Close to us.
    But thought had to place order online then collect. Showed R95 reduced to R65. But when I put in cart jumps back to R95. Phoned them. Said small IT issue. But im welcome to collect as they are open for collections. When arrived at the small retail shop they had. It was o shelve for R50-00. Even better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PWdejager View Post
    No I don't agree, if you advertise a product at a certain price, the expectation (especially from a reputable company) is that the product is indeed available at mentioned price.

Outdated websites, especially in today's technology age, reflects badly on companies, and will be detriment to business in the future.

I travel regularly to JHB, and visit DSG based on their website prices, if I had a similar experience, that would be the end to my visits. I do not have time to contact a company, wait on the phone for people to assist me, especially to confirm website pricing.
    https://www.davesheer.com/pages/disclaimer.html

Looks like DSG does not agree with you.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    https://www.davesheer.com/pages/disclaimer.html

Looks like DSG does not agree with you.....
    There is a difference between what is legal and what is good business practice.

That disclaimer might cover them, but it isn't a great example to set. It will definitely make me think twice about doing business with them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Another well known gun shop also advertises on their website. They even generate a quote for you.

When you phone the prices are different. Oh well, that is the price now. Having a system generated quote doesn't mean much it seems.

End of story.

User

This isn't uncommon among large retailers, which DSG has now become.
    If you want service, use small retailers, they more inclined to build relationships with clients rather than move feet through the door.

On invoices and advertisements if you usually look at bottom it shows e&oe. Meaning errors and omissions excluded. Which usually covers against mistakes with pricing and stuff.

However. You would find that some companies will still honor the mistake to customers unless if huge mistake.

Couple of years ago. Think 3 or 4. Safari had price on website for a Forester press. I saw it but kinda was not really looking at buying it. Walked into the shop on the Sunday for something else. And saw it was over R500 more on tag on shelf. I asked the 1 sales guy is that the price. Said yes. I said but on website lower. He said cant be. He checked and said strange. I joked and said so if I buy what price is it. He said well guess I can ask for internet price. And during this discussion I somehow ended up buying the Forester at the website price. Which they corrected afterwards. Still not regretting buying that press.

But shops differ I guess.

I see where people are coming from, but I had a similar bad experience and the sales person acted like it's a different product and that I'm wrong.

He kept saying the one I had in my hand was a different product.

I understand that they can't always give the product, but it's not nice that they make it like "you" are the Dom one

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast