Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Very Dissapointed - DSG

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    https://www.davesheer.com/pages/disclaimer.html

Looks like DSG does not agree with you.....
    That is irrelevant, we are not referring to legality, we are referring to good or bad business practices. I can understand an isolated incident, but if it becomes a common occurrence a company looses credibility.

Does loosing credibility make it unlawful? No
    Does loosing credibility loose customers? Yes

I like shopping at DSG, and will continue, until my experience is affected negatively, then I will shop with someone else.

User

I've had the same experience with them when they opened their Montana branch, saying they were not the same company as the online one and therefor the prices were different. Needless to say I don't shop there anymore.

User

The only thing that is relevant is the response of the owners of said business when the OP confronted them on his problem.
    Without stating that all the opinions on the subject is moot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    The only thing that is relevant is the response of the owners of said business when the OP confronted them on his problem.
    Without stating that all the opinions on the subject is moot.
    Not really, a response to an issue like this from a salesman is not normally due to his discretion, but rather store policy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Not really, a response to an issue like this from a salesman is not normally due to his discretion, but rather store policy.
    No, let me make an example.

If I go to a shop and ask for product X, they give it to me and I say hang on a sec, this is different from the price on your website. The salesman says correct, their shelf prices often differ from their online prices hence their disclaimer. I say cool, but I drove here, can I speak to the owner or can you ask the owner to sell me this product at the price I saw online since it’s what attracted me to your shop?
    The owner then tells me to shove off, I leave and NOW I have a reason to feel disappointed.

Now if I feel disappointed and want to go online to tell people I must include the dealings with the business, and what led to my disappointment. If I don’t explain all the interaction that will leave people to debate several pages long without having the faintest clue as to what actually happened, which is unfair to the business you are openly taking on.

And no, I’ve never been to the business in question I don’t even go to Gauteng, just stating what should come with every complaint.

User

I told the rep, even showed him in my phone, his reply was that was the price the manager gave him.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-Flames View Post
    I told the rep, even showed him in my phone, his reply was that was the price the manager gave him.
    It is fair to assume then you have written an email to the owner(or tried to call them) and explained your grievances?
    Because if you did not then I think you can see why it's unfair to bring it here first?

I promise you each and every cashier or salesman in this country does not speak for the business.

Well a good sales person would if a customer brings this up will say let me call the manager. Unless its not a good sales person.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It is fair to assume then you have written an email to the owner(or tried to call them) and explained your grievances?
    Because if you did not then I think you can see why it's unfair to bring it here first?

I promise you each and every cashier or salesman in this country does not speak for the business.
    Yea but he also asked if anyone else had the same experience. It's fair to see if it's a one off thing. And personally, from experience, there's only so much you can do.
    How are you going to be able to speak to the owner anyway? I don't think people would just give out the owners email addresses or phone number. If you in store and no one can do anything to help, what other hoops should one jump through?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Looks like DSG does not agree with you.....
    There is a difference between "advertise online price" and "advertise online price only for online orders". If the ad doesn't specify which then it is unfair to charge more in the shop.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast