Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Very Dissapointed - DSG

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    No, let me make an example.

If I go to a shop and ask for product X, they give it to me and I say hang on a sec, this is different from the price on your website. The salesman says correct, their shelf prices often differ from their online prices hence their disclaimer. I say cool, but I drove here, can I speak to the owner or can you ask the owner to sell me this product at the price I saw online since it’s what attracted me to your shop?
    The owner then tells me to shove off, I leave and NOW I have a reason to feel disappointed.

Now if I feel disappointed and want to go online to tell people I must include the dealings with the business, and what led to my disappointment. If I don’t explain all the interaction that will leave people to debate several pages long without having the faintest clue as to what actually happened, which is unfair to the business you are openly taking on.

And no, I’ve never been to the business in question I don’t even go to Gauteng, just stating what should come with every complaint.
    Again, No.
    The owner is responsible for his employees, there should be a procedure to escalate issues in store if the owner wants to avoid negative publicity.

Is this your process for all sectors or only gun shops?
    Taken to the extreme, you would call up Raymond Ackerman if the shelf price was wrong at PnP?

User

At PnP, Checkers, Spar, etc. they normally let the item go at the advertised price. If you are unhappy with the conduct of a staff member you could also take it up with the supervisor or store manager.

Gunshops are generally small enough that the supervisor/manager is generally the owner.

User

TJ-Flames, I'm assuming you went to buy powder as they are heavily advertising various imported powders at R500 (IMR) and R550 (Vihtavouri). If powder, which powder?

I bought IMR on their sale no problem.

User

Funny this, yes they will normally let it go for the lower price, pnp process though says if the item scans at a different price the item is given to the customer for free.They offer the lower price first and hope you dont know the rules.I guess shops can do as they please, I prefer to support stores that honour their prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    At PnP, Checkers, Spar, etc. they normally let the item go at the advertised price. If you are unhappy with the conduct of a staff member you could also take it up with the supervisor or store manager.Gunshops are generally small enough that the supervisor/manager is generally the owner.

User

I've had real bad attitudes from them despite polite & courteous requests from the customer.
    Just a shrug of the shoulders & a take it or Leave it answer.

They'll never get any of my money again. Ever.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    At PnP, Checkers, Spar, etc. they normally let the item go at the advertised price.

Gunshops are generally small enough that the supervisor/manager is generally the owner.
    Why and how is it that the staff are able to do this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    The till supervisor come and override the till. Had it a couple of times with groceries (eg buy 3 off item A and get 20% discount) where the shelf price and till doesn't agree.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    The till supervisor come and override the till. Had it a couple of times with groceries (eg buy 3 off item A and get 20% discount) where the shelf price and till doesn't agree.
    So almost like they could foresee the possibility of this happening and developed policies and procedures to handle it?

User

I have never ever purchased a product at PnP other than the advertised price, the cashier just calls the shift manager, they override the price.
    On topic, for the life of me I cannot understand why people cannot just keep their shop and online store 100% linked, meaning stock avail and price. I am kind of OCD so I promise you if I was in sales my online data would be correct even if I had to sit and do it myself till 2am each morning.

On the other side of the coin of this topic, the only thing I myself wanted to point out in this thread is we SA people are just too used to just accepting things. If a sales guy gives me the “its policy” thing I would say call the manager, now. I would merely state my case to the owner or manager and if they reject my grievance I would not deal with them again. As I cannot see that this was done in this scenario I raised my opinion on that specific matter, nothing more.

If there is a problem, say so, if you don’t then I personally feel don’t get to come here and say so.
    And this is nothing against the OP, business is a two way street, the actions of the seller and the actions of the buyer, both needs consistency.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Not quite sure what you getting at. Staff are generally not allowed to do this.

If an item scans differently, the staff member does not have the power to do this. There is normally a button that they push that summons a manager/supervisor. This person then has to key in their code to enter the revised price.

If the price on the shelf is different to advertised, you contact a manager or supervisor and inform them. They then usually give a voucher or attend to the matter at the till.

My mother-in-law knows the exact ins and outs as she has done this many times at the major retailers. If out of stock of an advetised special they even give vouchers for when new stock comes in.

At some places where sales are done at counters, e.g. S&O, car sales, parts dealers, etc., sales persons generally have a discretionary margin that they are allowed for discount. This margin can sometimes be enlarged with permission from the manager.

Legally, none of this has to be done. It is just part of their strategy to retain customers they like or want. If you feel hard done by, bring it to the manager's attention. If you don't, I don't think you have reason to feel hard done by.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast