Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Very Dissapointed - DSG

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-Flames View Post
    I see now, miraculously the pricing on the item on the website has been changed.
    Almost as if someone suddenly knows it was incorrect.
    Item was also not on the shelf, with a marked price on, ie magically appeared out the back without any packaging.
    Not surprising, their main account and one of their salesman has logged in since you posted this.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Not surprising, their main account and one of their salesman has logged in since you posted this.
    Should this be true, that they did log in, and thus have read and know what is being said here, and not come to the party and at least apologize to the OP and correct the matter or at least provide a undertaking to make sure their pricing as advertised is correct at all times it will be very disappointing and put me off buying there in the future. Only had good dealings up to know.

I have not checked the adds recently, but are the words "As long as stock lasts" not printed somewhere? Maybe they obliged X amount of said product on the price as advertised and it was already sold? I know it is a really old trick to get buyers attention, but still a legal trick.

User

Similar experience, it's a standard "operating" procedure - definitely not good for business IMO

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    My point, is that yes staff are not allowed to make up their own rules, but a business with competent management will put policies and procedures in place to handle these issues, because they are not some never before seen retail problems.
    As for the PnP example, when you get to the till and say the price is wrong, does the cashier tell you this is the price or do they call a supervisor?

If you feel you didn't get the service you believe you should've in a store, you are 100% entitled to complain about it on whichever platform you choose.
    The first mistake this store made was with it's pricing, the second was allowing the customer to leave the store feeling aggrieved.
    There is a trade off with things like this, take the knock and make the customer happy or stick to your margin and have negative word of mouth marketing leave your store.
    Your business, your choice. If the rep, floor sweeper or whoever did not escalate the issue, well guess whose problem this is again?
    Agree. It's not the customers responsibility to jump through hoops when the advertised pricing is wrong.

User

Putting this incident to one side, I do think it is good practice for the staff member to offer to get the manager involved if they lack the authority to rectify.

When I was a teenager and worked in retail I often was involved in similar scenarios, now I did have access to change prices since there were certain scenarios where we could but in a situation like this I would always either go speak to the manager myself to come to some sort of solution or I would ask the manager to come and handle it, at least it showed the customer that I was willing to help.

My own personal experiences, I have had this happen to me 3 times, once at webuycars, hailstorm and zimbi.

At webuycars I wanted to buy a motorbike, bike was cheaper on their site than on the floor, showed the salesman the price difference and the vin number to prove it was the same bike to which he went away for a couple minutes and came back with a reduced price.

At Hailstorm I phoned to get the price of the ALG Enhanced AK trigger, was given a price, when I arrived later that day to buy it, the price was significantly more (couple hundred), explained to the salesman, he also walked away and came back shortly after and gave it to me at the lower price.

Then my most recent experience was today (well technically yesterday now) at zimbi, when paying I was speaking to the owner as him and my father used to work together at some stage, after chatting and I think I may have already paid at this point, he mentions that the price on the box was also different to the system (system being more expensive) but he updated to reflect the the price on the box - obviously being the owner gives him the authority to make these decisions on the spot.

All it took in the above scenarios was a quick discussion to resolve.

As I previously mentioned, I think staff should be trained to either approach management for clarity or even ask management to take over and explain to the customer (especially if against policy).

I do think that when customers are not having any success with the staff, they must demand to see the manager, not only could that possibly bring a favorable outcome to you but it also makes the manager aware of issues which they may not have been aware of previously which now provides them with the opportunity to investigate and correct, not all staff report issues back to management (and that's not just retail now).

Side note to the OP, I'm not at all saying that you did not try take this further to resolve.

Mischif93 this is good advice, as good as you can get. If the manager/owner a..hole then never return and report.

If I went to the shop, and the price online was less than in the store, I would have ordered and paid online from my phone while in the shop.

You can't judge a business by the conduct of one employee.

It's easy to make a typo and put the wrong price online.

R145 error on a R685 item is a massive loss for the business.

It's highly unlikely they would put a low, incorrect price online just to get foot traffic in the shop.

User

As I posted earlier, for many stores (not only the one in question and, not restricted to Firearms related stores), its SOP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5