User

Default Need AK owners' help in getting a part measured

Good morning,

I have a favor to ask from all those who own Type 56s, Saigas and all other AK-type rifles that have a rear sight block. I'm trying to determine the best way to complete the picatinny rail kits to fit as many AK variants as possible, however there is a part that differs too much on the models I can locate on Grabcad:

If you have a set of calipers, would you please measure the height of that cut and then write it down below with your model? I understand your spring will be occupying that space, so in that case please write the thickness of the spring as well as the remaining height of the shelf sticking out. to the nearest hundredth of a millimeter would be appreciated.

As mentioned before this kit will replace your rear leaf sight and the rail itself will offer a small trench cut as a back up. The benefit is that if you have a smooth dustcover, you'll be able to fit optics as they should be fitted - close to your eye.

Thank you!

User

Default Re: Need AK owners' help in getting a part measured

Saiga .308
    1mm

User

Saiga MK 7.62 x 39 - 1.5mm

User

I measure 2.08 on my Norinco AK56

User

Thank you for the feedback! So the variations are more common than I'd hope; we'll design it to include spacers to compensate for this.

But please provide any more measurements if you can - it will help us to ensure the kits will be used on a greater variety of models.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I measure 2.08 on my Norinco AK56
    Btw mine have square corners where you picture arrow shows a radius. If you can pm me your number I can send a pic.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Btw mine have square corners where you picture arrow shows a radius. If you can pm me your number I can send a pic.
    I will likely the insert to be rounded so it will fit in both, but I'll have to first make sure about the inner measurements of a large portion of all the rear sight blocks out there.