Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thread removal

User

Default Re: Thread removal

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    However noble your intention by offering, at no cost, your time and (money?), don’t you think that it is wrong to offer someone else’s time and money for free without them at least agreeing to it?

Almost like lefty wealthy college students in the USA who wholeheartedly support free education for people who can’t afford it, then backtrack when the proposal is made that they as “privileged” students should pay more to cover the costs for the “less privileged”.

If you don’t buy a ticket, you can’t see the show.

I am in no way connected to the management of this page. Just my perspective.

I think you're assuming a bit much, don't you? Reviews are, in their nature, subjective. You (or I) don't need to ask for permission to express an opinion- especially when one considers that the opinions expressed are on the products' usability in one's experience.

I'm a staunch capitalist, which is why I have no issue with opinion pieces: It's not marketing as such as there's no product sold- it's simply the communication of experience. If that's considered marketing, then so should all the opinions on the forum pushing one product over another. Either it is or it isn't, I'd suggest that we can't pick and choose to suit our point.

We talk products all the time, debating their pros and cons based on experience and what we've read. At their core, there is no difference here except that I took the time to formalize the way in which I conveyed my opinion.
    Last edited by Southpaw; 02-07-2020 at 19:48. Reason: Apparently I can't spell.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Companies are mentioned all the time but to create a thread that advertises suppliers who do not support this forum is a bit cheeky. And if they are active in outdoor supplies but unwilling to check this forum out then why should they be advertised. Maybe a 101 in marketing would do them a better service.

The company has nothing to do with it. Their total involvement was their acknowledgement that I would be doing a review of the products I had purchased from them.

Once again, I'd suggest you're assuming a bit much. The individual in question isn't a supplier, they're a manufacturer. Again, if an opinion on a product is marketing and marketing for businesses that are not part of the forum is unacceptable, then we should be cutting any and all mention of products from companies that don't directly participate in and contribute to the forum.

At the end of the day, I'm not a moderator and this is not my forum- I'm happy to leave it. However, I feel this thinly veiled tribalism is dangerous and we should be doing what we can to support small business, even if it doesn't benefit us directly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

I took the time to formalize the way in which I conveyed my opinion.
    My guess is that on this forum, that is where the bridge-crossing may lay.

Kudos to your outlook on supporting local. Maybe discuss with the owners and see what could work for them. People searching these products might generate some traffic to the site which in turn might be good for growing participation amongst the firearm community.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Indeed. Ended up making a new account because I was having issues with the old email address, if I remember correctly?

In reference to the question regarding my join date.
    Multiple usernames are expressly prohibited in the rules.

What was your previous username?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2