Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New rookie onboard

Hi chaps,

thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to engaging with you all on the board. Some background - many years ago I owned a CZ 75 and then sold it owing to an ill-advised sojourn in Canada. Been back a good 15 years now and its recently dawned on me that I'm missing owning a gun.

I've spent the past couple of weeks researching what my new weapon of choice ought to be; watched hundreds of hours of youtube videos, encountered a plethora of fascinating characters like hickock45, Honest Outlaw, a somewhat good shooter called Jerry Miculek and a small assortment of bearded former navy seals. Discovered this forum, too.

Which brings me to the topic of gun choice: I find myself deeply enamored with the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. This may raise a few eyebrows since its clearly a gun designed for competition shooting and here I am, a relative noob, wanting to get my sweaty mitts around one. In my defense (so to speak), I do actually intend to take up competition shooting.

Additionally, I want it for home defense but not edc (I may carry it when visiting my mother-in-law, obviously, but otherwise am happy to rely on hysterical crying to get me out of trouble).

From a licensing standpoint, I note with great disappointment that the process seems arduous and replete with uncertainty and angst. Well, I waited 15 years to get this far, a few more years can't hurt. Can it?

User

Default Re: New rookie onboard

Hi and welcome

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Don't take the piss Boris!

Banned

Welcome

On this forum, you're only welcome if you have a Glock, carry a Kershaw, drive a BMW and sleep next to a blonde

Seriously though, try to shoot the different pistols several times before buying. That gives some experience to work from. Maybe do it while waiting for your competency?

User

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Welcome

On this forum, you're only welcome if you have a Glock, carry a Kershaw, drive a BMW and sleep next to a blonde

Seriously though, try to shoot the different pistols several times before buying. That gives some experience to work from. Maybe do it while waiting for your competency?
    Thanks, that's definitely good advice, I need to keep my confirmation bias in check. While I wait for the competency to be approved, my intention is to go to the range quite often to experiment with different variants.

As for the requirement to sleep next to a blonde, I think I'll only take that up with my wide after getting the pistol

User

hi

User

"As in... Borris the Bullet dodge-ah? "

Why do they call him Boris the Bullet Dodger?

Because he dodges bullets Avi..."

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    "As in... Borris the Bullet dodge-ah? "

Why do they call him Boris the Bullet Dodger?

Because he dodges bullets Avi..."

Welcome!
    Ha ha! Well put, sir, and thank you for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Don't take the piss Boris!
    Another great line!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast