Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Rechargeable battery chargers - better makes and why

Where do you get your 18650 batteries and can you recommend any particular brand I need a few for a power bank project Id like to try

User

Quote Originally Posted by geopat View Post
    Where do you get your 18650 batteries and can you recommend any particular brand I need a few for a power bank project Id like to try
    I'm doing my best to standardise on 18650 batteries. I've got 1 Nitecore and quite a couple of Keeppower's and after 5 years for some of them, they still work very well. It's difficult to have a benchmark on how well they were in the beginning. I regularly charge them after a bit of use.

User

I found samsung 3000mah 18650 batteries on takealot for R150 here https://www.takealot.com/samsung-30q...h/PLID54497625

User

I found samsung 3000mah 18650 batteries on takealot for R150 here https://www.takealot.com/samsung-30q...h/PLID54497625

I have been using the same ones for 2 year now in my torches.

When you buy any 18650’s be sure to weigh them. I think they need to weigh at least 40gr or something to be genuine.

Banned

This is becoming a post I will create a folder for and re read - study. I want to use rechargeable, but have had such crap.
    I will look up the suggested makes and throw some money at it again, but first a charger of good repute.

Samsung batteries at first glace seem good for the price, but their max pulse (20A) and continuous discharge (15A) is pretty low. EBAT 18P30 cells are roughly the same price but are more capable and have a better build quality. Nitecore cells are also exceptional for the price. Never buy Olight cells.

User

Jees those ebat cells are beast 92 watt continuous is a shitload of power, perfect for modern super bright torches but I cant seem to find any for sale and for my power bank project the Samsung cells should be just fine (two 4 cell groups making 14.8v giving 30A continuous)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    Samsung batteries at first glace seem good for the price, but their max pulse (20A) and continuous discharge (15A) is pretty low. EBAT 18P30 cells are roughly the same price but are more capable and have a better build quality. Nitecore cells are also exceptional for the price. Never buy Olight cells.
    What's wrong with olight cells?

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_asassin View Post
    What's wrong with olight cells?
    Nothing!
    You might find that most brands including Olight etc all use the same cells, like LG, Panasonic etc. They are just rebranded.
    I will not hesitate to buy any, Nitecore, Olight, Fenix. But the Samsung's linked to earlier should be great, especially at the price.

Edit.
    Seems Nitecore sell Panasonic and Samsung cells.
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ries-Unwrapped

Banned

Please layman terms this protective circuit they talk about and 'use them as unprotected"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast