Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: New low hanging fruit for criminals - online shopping couriers

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    RAM are the only couriers licensed to transport firearms ...
    The passenger had a DM4 on his lap for their protection, not being couriered...

Quote Originally Posted by Oddthomas10 View Post
    I have to be honest, this is the first I've heard of this happening - not that I'm saying it hasn't happened.

This has me thinking, what are the implications for the customer if a courier gets highjacked? Should customers get insurance on packages?

Has this happened to anyone on the forum and what was the outcome, just a goodbye to the goodies?
    Certain couriers have cover for a certain value, after that, you won't be covered for any loss or theft. So best is to have your pricey package insured for peace of mind!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    Certain couriers have cover for a certain value, after that, you won't be covered for any loss or theft. So best is to have your pricey package insured for peace of mind!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Its an interesting point and I wonder what the proper legal perspective is. Below is a quote from Takealots T&C's which suggests they acknowledge it is part of their legal obligations to ensure the goods are delivered to you:

Takealot’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Takealot is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Oddthomas10 View Post
    I have to be honest, this is the first I've heard of this happening - not that I'm saying it hasn't happened.

This has me thinking, what are the implications for the customer if a courier gets highjacked? Should customers get insurance on packages?

Has this happened to anyone on the forum and what was the outcome, just a goodbye to the goodies?
    Last week, the company I work for had a truckload of small plastic tables and chairs delivered to a nearby community pre-school. As the driver got out to ring the bell he was hijacked, and the robbers drove off with the truck and the mini furniture.

The suppliers replaced the full load because it hadn't been signed for. Luckily the driver was ok.

Side note; it was in Alexandra, JHB, so I guess the likelihood was there.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: New low hanging fruit for criminals - online shopping couriers

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Blu logistics

Was your answer that RAM is the most reliable or the ONLY courier?
    I was aware of Blu but because I had been informed that they were unreliable I completely forgot about them
    You are correct ... RAM is not the ONLY courier able to carry firearms -- they are however -- from what I understand the most reliable
    Thank you for the correction

Banned

Arrow Re: New low hanging fruit for criminals - online shopping couriers

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The passenger had a DM4 on his lap for their protection, not being couriered...
    Yes thank you -- I understand that

Banned

I was aware of Blu but because I had been informed that they were unreliable I completely forgot about them
    You are correct ... RAM is not the ONLY courier able to carry firearms -- they are however -- from what I understand the most reliable
    I think you are misinformed again.
    I've only had the best prices and service from Blu, Ram is crap

User

First time I hear Blu being unreliable.

Buy it is from Brenneke so I guess that explains it.

BluLog is awesome peepz, amazing service.

User

Once again you are ill informed, first on RAM being the only and then on Blu being unreliable.

A continuing trend.

Banned

Arrow Re: New low hanging fruit for criminals - online shopping couriers

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    Once again you are ill informed, first on RAM being the only and then on Blu being unreliable.
    A continuing trend.
    I will be sure to convey your thoughts to the prestigious gun dealership from which the information emanated
    and
    Whose information I accepted at face value

PLEASE -- desist from -- "shooting the messenger"
    I am NOT a firearms dealership !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast