Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: CCW Sights for Glock G45?

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    So the time has come to upgrade the stock sights on my Glock G45.
    I'm currently leaning towards the Trijicon HD XR.
    Are there any other options I should be considering?
    Is it he MOS version? If so, are you going to be running a RDS on it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Got mine from Jizni, installed them myself, they pretty tight though so a Glock armourers tool will help a lot. Maybe try hailstorm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll check with Hailstorm. Thanks for the suggestion. Will also check VLT and Brother Arms while I'm in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Red dot sights? I know they are expensive.
    I have Ameriglo sights on the G19. I have been reading and listen to the podcasts (Welcome TTGS), some experts recommend black rear sights. Helps to keep the focus on the front sight. It is very difficult to align the 3 little dots in the middle of the night, with incoming fire. Yes training will help, not the easiest scenario to do on a regular basis.

But most Tritiums do have illuminated dots in the rear.
    I quite like the idea of the illuminated dots in the rear for the scenario where it is pitch black.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Very correct. I can't think of anybody offering black rear / tritium fronts from the top of my head. I have to special order our Dawson black / tritium sets to get that combination:
    https://www.jizni.co.za/sights-gen4/...t-gen-3-4.html
    https://www.jizni.co.za/sights-gen4/...t-gen-3-4.html

Personally, though, I believe that there is a reason that we mostly see tritium dots at the rear. For me, at least, the black rear / focus on the front concept doesn't translate as well into pitch dark situations where the rear totally disappears.

If I had the option on my CZ, I would go for a Hi-Viz H3 set, combining tritium with fibers. I love fibers for everything from daylight to just before pitch black.
    I will have a look at the Hi-Viz H3 as well. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Burger View Post
    I was running stock sights on my G19 and wanted to make the leap to better irons. Seeing the cost of decent tritium sights was literally eye watering.

I saw that upgrading my irons would then cost about a third of a red dot.

With this in mind, I saved longer and then moved to a red dot as the jump from stock irons to better irons would have a lower increase (in performance for me) than the jump from irons (any kind) to the dot.

Shooting CZ and Walther pistols with better stock irons are a lot easier than my gen4 stock irons.

Just something to keep in mind that investing R2 or 3k on a R9k pistol is a leap. Instead of doing this I opted to wait longer and go straight to dot. I am very happy with the choice.

Hopefully my comment provides some clarity (if relevant)

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Is it he MOS version? If so, are you going to be running a RDS on it?
    I am not looking at red dots at the moment. I don't have a MOS version. Maybe on my next firearm?
    The focus at the moment is really to upgrade the iron sights, specially to have myself covered for a night time scenario.
    I do realize if I do somehow add a red dot later it would mean new sights as well (supressor height) but I'm fairly confident that it is not on the cards for this firearm.

User

I'll check with Hailstorm. Thanks for the suggestion. Will also check VLT and Brother Arms while I'm in the area.

I quite like the idea of the illuminated dots in the rear for the scenario where it is pitch black.

I will have a look at the Hi-Viz H3 as well. Thanks

I am not looking at red dots at the moment. I don't have a MOS version. Maybe on my next firearm?
    The focus at the moment is really to upgrade the iron sights, specially to have myself covered for a night time scenario.
    I do realize if I do somehow add a red dot later it would mean new sights as well (supressor height) but I'm fairly confident that it is not on the cards for this firearm.
    Ok cool. Steers the direction of the solution then. My take, Trijicon HD XR's or better yet Ameriglow Agent sights (much cheaper option).

Just note that the HD's seem to eat pants, chairs and anything else that get in their way.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Ok cool. Steers the direction of the solution then. My take, Trijicon HD XR's or better yet Ameriglow Agent sights (much cheaper option).

Just note that the HD's seem to eat pants, chairs and anything else that get in their way.
    Which Ameriglo Agents are right for the G45? I see there is a separate set for Gen 5
    Also I assume this would have to be ordered from Brownells? Any idea what the shipping and import costs are on a set of sights?

User

I would advise to get a weapon mounted light, I do not think it will be good to shoot in pitch black. Unless I guess they are already shooting at you. But target identification is critical.

User

I would advise to get a weapon mounted light, I do not think it will be good to shoot in pitch black. Unless I guess they are already shooting at you. But target identification is critical.
    Good night sights and a good handheld torch should be first priority then a good WML with all the lumens

User

Good night sights
    As in good night sleep tight Mr Robber

User

Good night sights and a good handheld torch should be first priority then a good WML with all the lumens

Torch is sorted with a Nitecore P10GT... now just the good night sights :)
    The Ameriglo Agent on Brownells that is on special is not for the G45 or the gen 5. I also can't get a clear indication of shipping cost, time or import duties.
    Things got a bit busy at work today but I'm hoping to get a chance to pop out to a couple of local shops and see what they have in stock.
    Steven001, have you had any issues with the sharpness of the Trijicon HD XR? Hooking on things and such?

User

Torch is sorted with a Nitecore P10GT... now just the good night sights :)
    The Ameriglo Agent on Brownells that is on special is not for the G45 or the gen 5. I also can't get a clear indication of shipping cost, time or import duties.
    Things got a bit busy at work today but I'm hoping to get a chance to pop out to a couple of local shops and see what they have in stock.
    Steven001, have you had any issues with the sharpness of the Trijicon HD XR? Hooking on things and such?
    Nope no issues, I carry AIWB and I just suck it up...
    Great sights, expensive, but great, cant wait to run them in a club shoot as soon as our masters allow us

User

As in good night sleep tight Mr Robber
    And sweet dreams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast