Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default I found this inspiring 6.5 Creedmoor video.

Default Re: I found this inspiring 6.5 Creedmoor video.

You found it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    You found it?
    Still easier to find than finding accuracy with a 303

User

How can a 6.5 Creedmoor be inspiring?

Banned

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    How can a 6.5 Creedmoor be inspiring?
    On a recent hunt, a friend of mine produced his dream rifle, a thick barreled creedmoore on a warrior stock with a custom trigger, state of the art suppressor and a scope with more dials than an old school amplifier. The poor guy did not shoot a single thing the whole weekend. On the voorsit hunt for springbok, he lay flat in full camo, and we could not see him, except for the sparkling glint of his brand new rifle that could be seen from a km away. We then went looking for other species, and he missed a few shots, only to discover that a long distance target scope is not compatible with a bakkie ride, and had lost zero by a meter at 100m. So I guess a 1km capable target rifle is not a good hunting rifle.

You made my day ATG

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    We then went looking for other species, and he missed a few shots, only to discover that a long distance target scope is not compatible with a bakkie ride, and had lost zero by a meter at 100m. So I guess a 1km capable target rifle is not a good hunting rifle.
    I have a 1km capable target rifle, with a target scope, that spends a lot of time out hunting, much more than it spends on the range. The scope on my rifle takes a beating but has never lost zero in two years of hunting several times a week. The problem with good target scopes are that they are expensive. A lot of shooters/hunters spend money on things like chassis and other fancy gear that is not really needed and then skimp on the scope.

User

Thick barrel CM - Check
    Custom made stock - Check
    Expensive target scope - Check
    1.5km confirmed hit at LRSA Course - Check

Dead animal - Check

Buy once, cry once when it comes to scopes as TStone said above...

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post
    On a recent hunt, a friend of mine produced his dream rifle, a thick barreled creedmoore on a warrior stock with a custom trigger, state of the art suppressor and a scope with more dials than an old school amplifier. The poor guy did not shoot a single thing the whole weekend. On the voorsit hunt for springbok, he lay flat in full camo, and we could not see him, except for the sparkling glint of his brand new rifle that could be seen from a km away. We then went looking for other species, and he missed a few shots, only to discover that a long distance target scope is not compatible with a bakkie ride, and had lost zero by a meter at 100m. So I guess a 1km capable target rifle is not a good hunting rifle.
    Other issue is most guys will built up a super cool rifle. Shoot it like a tacdriver on the range from bench and rest. Go hunting where its from a bakkie. Or prone in field on different condition. Then miss. And dont know why. Its because you need to shoot on range the same way as in field. If in field from Bipod. Then on range same way. Also a rookie hunting mistake not to make sure on farm rifle is shooting correct before going into field. Always shoot one or rwo shots to make sure. Also in field and bakkie your rifle and scope are not level. As the surface your shooting off is not as level as a bench at range. And you miss. Hence why some shooters now use bubble levels. To assist making sure rifle is level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast