Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    User

Default Re: FARM HOMESTEAD SECURITY

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Can't you lock your and your kid's bedroom doors and you both have keys for each others doors.
    He's 1, so I think he's going to struggle a bit :P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    He's 1, so I think he's going to struggle a bit :P
    I use to have a gate on the bedroom door, open plan house so a hallway gate was not possible, but I can advise that you dont want to struggle with keys if your toddler starts crying, throwing up, gets scared or just wants attention in the middle of the night, even in case of a fire, SO we basically built new solid handrailing's with bars going up to the roof so that I can have a gate at the top of the stairs.

It looks a bit "prisonny" but its effective, its an open plan double story, So I can see whats going on downstairs when I open my bedroom door, also have a clear veiw of the gate and the stairs going down, how can I explain this, intruders would need to move in line with me from my bedroom door in my direction to got down the stairs, its basically a funnel of death should someone get caught up on there... but they can shoot back as well.

User

Yeah ours gets up in the middle of the night for a little visit and then we have to go put him back in bed. We're NOT going to lock doors, at all. There's no way. We have the hall gate but it's also just effective as a physical barrier for a few seconds. You can easily shoot through it in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah ours gets up in the middle of the night for a little visit and then we have to go put him back in bed. We're NOT going to lock doors, at all. There's no way. We have the hall gate but it's also just effective as a physical barrier for a few seconds. You can easily shoot through it in either direction.
    Family member had a roller shutter that you had access from the inside only in the hallway separating the bedrooms. Did give some visibility but also had cameras

User

In my new place I'm planning a solid wooden door (thick wood) with a camera on the other side. Camera will probably be modern IP, to detect motion and work with alarm system (I hope).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10