Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Default Re: FARM HOMESTEAD SECURITY

Between 2015 and 2018 I was doing field research on the informal livestock industry in the Western Cape and spent a lot of time in almost all of the Province's informal settlements, RDP housing projects and low income communities. One of the best sources of information I discovered about criminal and quasi-criminal behaviour in any of the rural and peri-urban areas I visited was the local SAPS stock theft unit. I found them to be professional, helpful and knowledgeable. They are worth getting to know.

User

When I lived on a plot the best money I spent was roboguard beams and a cctv system. I tried bypassing the roboguards any way I could but they always picked up my movements, the cctv cameras were set up to cover the outside of the house (especially entry points) and I also had one camera in the kitchen that pointed toward the gate leading to the bedrooms, the camera monitor was in my bedroom below the tv. My biggest goal was to prevent being woken up with a gun against my head. on a few occasions a hadeda tested my system and it worked, beams wake me up, can see attack-hadeda snooping around, no need to go out and look around.

User

Systems which show intrusion without you having to go and check.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9