Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Self defense license?

Hi guys, I just heard from someone that they're being a bit difficult with self defense license issuing currently, kind of getting despondent as I was about to go through with the process... Any truth to this or? Tia

User

Default Re: Self defense license?

Apply with a solid motivation. Appeal if refused.
    Get the application in sooner rather than later.

User

I fully agree. Do it soonest

Banned

Hi Mohmoh, yes and no, it goes both ways. License applications have been turned down. It can be due to different reasons like bad motivations, incomplete paperwork, a criminal record or something similar. Yes, the mistake can be at CFR as well. They can be troublesome and stiff necked, sometimes without proper reasons, or due to incompetence, or some other reason.

On the other hand, many applications have been approved as well. Numerous folks have had first applications going through without any hiccups.

You will not know if you don't try. If you do a sloppy job of an application, it will definitely not improve your chances.

Currently, the lockdown has had a major effect on licensing. It seems like the CFR processes were locked down, the printing of approved licenses was halted and similar.

There is also a chance that whoever informed you based their saying on hearsay, and I have met enough people who uttered the argument that "they are difficult at CFR" simply because they don't know better.

CFR has definitely been stricter of late, but that should not keep you from getting a firearm.

Aggh typed a super long reply and it dissappeared...

Thanks a lot for the well informed response and Ray of light, much appreciated.

Also if anyone could direct me to someone reputable to assist with my license application in the Durban region it'll be highly appreciated.
    I've completed and received my competency card last year.

God willing by this week I will purchase either a g19 gen 3 or a s&w sd9ve, and yes I know a lot of people will say go for glock but it depends on which is budget friendly, I've read and heard that the s&w isn't bad at all for edc cc.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly helpful. Thanks!

User

The government is never going to make it easier for civilians to own guns, so - just like planting a tree - the best time to license a gun is now!

I have a couple of buddies who keep whining about how difficult it's going to be to apply for guns and that's why they haven't purchased a gun.

I used to argue with them but now I just nod and agree while I have a silent giggle about the 271 I've just completed.

About the Glock Vs S&W. Remember you might save some Randelas on the purchase price but you're going to lose those savings the minute you start looking for mags and holsters for that SDVE.

Free advice. Use it; don't use it.

User

And I missed the part about the motivation and/or application.

Don't waste money on this when it is something you can very easily do yourself.

If you're prepared to trawl through the motivations sub-forum and dedicate a couple of hours over a weekend or two there's no reason why you can't craft your own motivation.

There's a ton of helpful information especially in the earlier posts. So go through them start to finish and formulate your own template using the knowledge you've gained. Use that template for subsequent applications.

I hear you there, R8250 for a gen4 19 sounds good enough? Brand new?

And I did previously do all of that and drew up my own motivation, all 7 pages of it, but I've got that uncertainty you know?

User

For +-2K more you could get a Gen5 Glock?

FWIW I have done 2 of my own Section 16 motivations, and one Section 13 motivation, its really simple actually, you just need to explain to the police why you need a gun for the section which you applied under.

Its silly, I know, but not too complicated and very do-able without spending an extra 600-800 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My budget is capped at R8000, squeezing it to 8250r.

Since you've done your own, would it be possible for you IF you have the time to, to just read over my motivation that I've did and tell me if I have a chance? Or anyone else that's willing to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast