Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger M3k

Default Stoeger M3k

Good evening Gents

I have an itch in my arse to treat myself to a new gun. I still need a shotgun and it appears that the Stoeger will meet my needs and current budget.

Does anyone know of stock available currently or where to start looking? Preferably in the Free State or Gauteng.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Stoeger M3k

Hey man

In Gauteng safari outdoor have it on special. Looks like a really cool shotgun. Haven't shot it but did handle one.

Hi Marnus,

I have that same itch....

Did you get one? If so any feedback?

Anyone else have some feedback on actually owning this?

Can get one now for R12500 with the 10+1 Tube and really want to get it. From the US reviews it seems that this is a great product. The fact that they are wholly owned by Benelli also adds some surety I'm assuming.

Hi, yes I found one soon after the post and bought it.

I've only shot about 100 rounds through it at the dealer's range, and I'm very happy thus far. No feeding or any other issues in the 100 rounds I've shot. The round count will increase significantly once I get the license.

If I may what did you pay? Is the 12,500 a good deal? I can't find anything else listed under 13,000.

Yes, I think it’s a good price. I paid R12 300 for mine.

Great. Really think it is a good deal and love what I have read about the gun and how it looks and feels.

User

Quote Originally Posted by De Villiers Heymans View Post
    Hi Marnus,

I have that same itch....

Did you get one? If so any feedback?

Anyone else have some feedback on actually owning this?

Can get one now for R12500 with the 10+1 Tube and really want to get it. From the US reviews it seems that this is a great product. The fact that they are wholly owned by Benelli also adds some surety I'm assuming.
    My M3k has run different brands of 28g,32g,34g,buckshot birdshot and slugs with not a single round not feeding, ejecting or firing. Only 250 rounds now, so its passed the run in phase of 200 heavy loads Stoeger suggests.
    The M3K shoots exactly to point of aim with birdshot and slugs.

I got hold of a box of 24g birdshot and will test it soon out of curiousity. That said I wont ever use 24g shells, even if they run reliably because 24g shells dont make IPSC power factor of 480.Stoeger advises that for best reliability, that only 3dram equivalent shotgun shells be used. That equates to a 28g shotshell running about 1200 fps.

I shot low velocity target 28g shells chronographed at 1125 fps in a recent club match and it ran reliably.I shared my M3K on the club match with a fellow shooter and no problems.

The M3K is an out of the box race ready shotgun.
    It comes with extended choke tubes, extended safety and extended slide release and extended shell lifter. It also has a two piece shell latch, each of which moves independently of the two parts and each their own spring.

The loading port is already generously opened up from the factory and I've left it as is, except for a bit of polishing in the area around the inside of the receiver, but not much. The M3k quadloads fast.
    At 12.5K you are getting more shotgun than what you are paying for.

Price aside. If your sensitivities can live with an American shotgun brand (thats owned by Benelli, who in turn is owned by Beretta Holdings) thats made in Turkey,you will have a shotgun that is up to the task in competition.

It takes 10+1 of any 2 3/4" shells. It can be ghost loaded with an extra round on the lifter making it 10+1+1
    If you use 67mm length shells it takes 11 in the tube +1+1.
    Make your choice and run what you brung.

Blitzkrieg, I am looking around or should I say still saving for a semi auto shotgun. I own a pump, but my 13 year old daughter fell in love with a Beretta semi auto because of the reduced recoil. One of the Stoeger mk3 reviews I saw claimed that the inertia driven system is very reliable but does not take a lot of recoil away like the gas recoil systems. So the question is, in your opinion, if I am looking to buy a semi auto shotgun especially for the reduced recoil compared to my pump gun, is the Stoeger worth it or should I rather keep looking for something else?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eben Wiid View Post
    Blitzkrieg, I am looking around or should I say still saving for a semi auto shotgun. I own a pump, but my 13 year old daughter fell in love with a Beretta semi auto because of the reduced recoil. One of the Stoeger mk3 reviews I saw claimed that the inertia driven system is very reliable but does not take a lot of recoil away like the gas recoil systems. So the question is, in your opinion, if I am looking to buy a semi auto shotgun especially for the reduced recoil compared to my pump gun, is the Stoeger worth it or should I rather keep looking for something else?
    At our club I have fired both the 1301 and M3K.
    In my opinion they both felt the same and iIwill explain why I say so.
    I shortened the length of pull on my M3K to fit me better. The 1301 I fired had the exact same length of pull as my M3K, so the shotgun fitted me.
    Also the cast off was the same and the comb height too.
    Gun fit is very important. The Shotgun must fit the shooters body, and not the shooter that must must fit the shotgun.
    Chances are that the 1301,with its adjustable length of pull fitted her better.
    A wrong fitting shotgun will bump harder and kick your cheek, giving the impression of more recoil.
    Off the shelf pump guns dont have the kind of adjustability of a shotgun with "spacers" to shorten or lenghten the stock length of pull.
    It sounds like a question of shotgun fit. If it fits you it wont bite and hurt you which is probably perceived as recoil.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast