Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger M3k

User

Default Re: Stoeger M3k

I hope you get your licence for the M3K soon.

I have no regrets on owning a M3K.

Buy a few cases of slugs,birdshot and buckshot and learn to shoot that powertool/artillery gun well.

User

User

BRO tests Svarog Botfly slugs in a Stoeger.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    BRO tests Svarog Botfly slugs in a Stoeger.
    I have the Svarog Sveroboy mold. Its similar to the Botfly in that it is screwed to a wad piston for drag stabilization, is pre-segmented and has near full calibre drive bands. If the my experience of the Sveroboy is anything to go by I'd take a Botfly in a heartbeat. Amazingly accurate and devastatingly effective.

User

User

Some Benelli M2 parts fit in the M3K.

For example the M2 extractor and extractor spring, inertia spring, hammer spring,hammer spring cap and some other springs too.

When I replaced the extractor with a M2 extractor and it was noticeable that the machining on the M2 extractor is smoother and more precise.

Someone I know had his M3K start developing extraction problems and then a M2 extractor and spring were fitted and the problem was solved.

I have now fitted a M2 hammer to my M3K and it works very well.The profile of the hammer is slightly different ,however I found that the sear engagement when the hammer is cocked(with the trigger group removed) to be smoother and lighter because of the slightly different profile and more precise machining.The trigger feels nice and it is a good modification the M3K.

User

Update:
    Total of 2000 shells fired in my M3K and it is still running well.

User

@Blitzkrieg,

Greetings, so just reviving an old thread here, well not that old but anyways.
    So a quick intro, I’ve managed to obtain my dedicated status last year and desperately want to shoot 3 GUN NATION.

I’ve researched the hell out of the STOEGER M3K, and I believe that this shotgun is HEAVY underrated for its current price which will be R14 024-00 + R860-00 for mandatory motivation at S&O, it is what it is.

1.) My questions for you Sir is then, you mention that you’ve replaced the extractor with a Benelli M2 extractor as well as the hammer with the Benelli M2 hammer is this the correct replacement parts you’ve mentioned Benelli Extractor (suburbanguns.co.za)

2.) I could NOT get a Benelli M2 hammer on the South African websites. Do you mind sharing where you bought your replacement parts and did you install them yourself and was it "easy" ?

3.) In your opinion is there any other part that could be replace from the start and would you suggest replacing / exchanging these parts out with the Benelli M2 parts as soon as you get the shotgun?

4.) A review that I saw, which I think I might do the same is which he added some grip tape on the front for your support hand and at the back on the upper part of the stock, another question would a fore grip not be best ? Or is that illegal in 3 Gun nation and not as great as it sounds on paper ?

5.) If you had an option, would you remove (mill) more material out at the loading gate or is that unnecessary?

6.) What carry bag did you buy for it as it seems a lot of bags will be too short for it to fit in.

Any other advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

just be careful, i have heard that current stock of M3Ks are not on dealer stock and may not be for a long time due to the error in capturing serials. You can buy and use but not license till its resolved.

User

Mine is in box in storage and now just getting my paperwork sorted... super stoked about this one .

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast